Would you say it's wrong to turn someone down because they smokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoeu

I'm seeing them at $80 for the unit thingy and $2 for a "pack"; the US average is $4/pack so you'd need to smoke 40 packs for it to level out financially - not even including the health and marriage benefits, which are far, far more significant than the $2 savings

aoeu

"Each cartridge is equivalent to roughly 1 - 1.5 packs of traditional cigarettes."

50-75 packs for $125?

It's $2.50/pack, not $2.50/cigarette.

Sparky55313

I don't judge others for being over weight. I don't judge them for chewing their nails.
Being a smoker I respect others rights to clean air. I don't smoke around non smokers. I've never smoked in my home until recently. The two important women in my lifewhere non smokers. But I do date smokers.

I actually like a guy who smokes heavily. He is a chain smoker.
The smell of tobacco doesn't bother me - in fact I quite like it. But do I like brown stains on teeth, bad breath and a phlegmy smokers coughs...? Not even a little bit!

And THAT is why I wouldn't date someone who smoked. I think smokers should have their rights but I also have mine, and my right trumps theirs. Like how smokers say they hate not being able to smoke in clubs and bars. If smoking - like drinking, didn't affect the health of those around us I would say fine/no problem/let them smoke where they want. But it does and for that reason alone I think the way people feel about smoking is completely justified.

plates

personally i think it's pretty fucking stupid to be accepting a roll up from my sister when i have asthma. or sitting in a non ventilated area with her drunk. sometimes she says sorry and i say it's fine, and open all the doors and windows.

i wouldn't break up with someone if they smoked, their body you know, and it doesn't make anyone frightening/violent towards me so :dunno: many of the people who i was around in the past, smoked- as long as they do it away from me.

i was bought up in a house full of drinkers/smokers, no ventilation. my memories are of being under a table, loads of feet, legs, lots of smoke. maybe that's why i developed asthma.
i personally think it stinks but that's just me...:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I wouldn't turn someone down because they smoke. I would just worry if they smoke too much because I wouldn't want them getting really sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00