Would you shed a tear if human went extinct?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Oct 1, 2010.

?

Would you shed a tear if human went extinct?

1. Yes, it would be a tragedy!

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Nope, we are a cancer to this planet.

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. Long live the animals!

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Would you shed a tear if human went extinct? Or couldn't care less?
    I wouldn't be surprise if the humans go extinct by the way of Omnicide.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

At this point in time, our biggest enemy is ourselves. Not some asteroid that will hit the earth, not an epidemic or global warming. But ourselves. One such example nearly anyone could think of is the experimentation with nuclear devices.

One day, be it in 10 years or 4000, we will eventually fade from this Earth. But I am inclined to think that we won't really 'fade', more of a BOOM. :laugh: When our eventual end is within sight, I wouldn't be surprised if we witness mass suicides or the outbreak of general anarchy.

I can only hope that when this unfortunate but imminent situation comes around, that the good people of our species manages to survive and continue our legacy. If we are intelligent enough when this happens, we might create a kind of space ship such as the Elysium, from the 2009 movie 'Pandorum'. The plot of this film basically evolves around the same disaster; the extinction of the human race/destruction of planet Earth. Eventually they reach their destination, 'Tanis', an Earth like planet to re-populate the new human race.

I voted yes, I would shed a tear to see the human race go extinct.

Can you imagine being the very, very last human alive?.....If there is a spirit world, it would even be painful to watch the very last person wither away...:cry2:

3. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

put it this way, im no scientist so obviously my figures will be way out, but to put it bluntly, the planet has been around about 65 billion years and there has been life of one form or another pretty much for the last 70 million years. humans started being properly human and building and burying the dead less then a million years ago, and the planet is already showing signs of dying thanks to us. if there are any intelligent aliens in the universe, please please let them be the exact opposite of us, and prevent us from colonising new planets until we learn not to just use and abuse everything we are given.

4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

funny tho life would go on just fine with out humans and well life itself wouldnt shed a tear it would do what it does best which is continue...

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It depends on one's perspective. As far as nature is concerned, assuming we're personifying it for the sake of discussion, it'd be a blessing. As of now, we're wreaking a lot of damage to our planet and it's other denizens. Otherwise, as Zombie rightly pointed out, it'd only be conceived as a tragedy by other humans.

I, however, would view it as a tragedy. When you look at humans outside their generalized image as polluters, killers, and over-indulged consumers, you find a lot of beauty. I truly believe that we have the potential to improve as a species, and that we've come a long way since we first emerged. Even now, many of us are confronting our relationship with nature and trying to improve.

6. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

i don't think we'll last very long as a species

look at us - only 200,000 years in and already we've been on the verge of destroying ourselves with all manner of weapons; we hurt each other, lie to each other, look for new ways of destroying one another and our planet

the dinosaurs lasted millions of years - i don't think we will

7. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Yes. Some of my best friends are humans.

8. Em1

Em1 Member

nope, since sheding a tear would mean you're alive and not extinct.. thus the porpuse would have failed their still a human who would cry for the loss of other and isn't dead. :) i pride myself on destroying this question.

But in all seriousness nope.. i mean we really do suck this planet dry.

9. Kemra

Kemra Well-Known Member

Long live the animals! Maybe cats would evolve and take our place in a thousand years or so... a race of intelligent cat people.. all digging through the ruins of our civilisation and having a good laugh at us (especially after one feline archaeolgist finds Clerks 1 and 2 on dvd!)

Got a smile just imagining one of these future citizens of earth crying out 'You stupid monkeys! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!'

10. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

The meek shall inherit the Earth

Dear Boo - I don't think that's the way it's going to happen. I would like to share the following on this theme with you:

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH​

In St. Matthew 5:5 I told you through the Master Jesus: ‘Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth.’ This message to your world is as valid and true now, as it was when I first gave it to you. Those of you, My human children, will be among them who are patiently and willingly doing the work which the healing process now demands, should further lifetimes in physicality be necessary. Meanwhile, the only genuinely meek your world has known were not human souls, but the small creatures of the Earth. Her true inheritors always were the worms and insects that crawl about on her, and the microbes and bacteria that are invisible to earthly eyes without a microscope.

Notice what wonderful work they are doing for and with Mother Earth, without expecting anything in return, except being allowed to live the lives they have been given undisturbed. They are the great recyclers of everything that is on that plane of life. And they will still be there and doing their work, when every last human child of Mine has long outgrown the necessity for lifetimes in physicality.

Beloved children of the Earth, once more I remind you that there is no death; there is only life that is constantly pushing forwards and upwards in vast evolutionary cycles. Life moves you, your world and all worlds forever on to new and higher levels of existence that bring new learning and fresh first hand experiences for every soul. From where you stand now, you can surely recognise the dreamlike quality of your earthly existence. Although it really is a dream and an illusion it has to be dealt with in the appropriate manner by each one of you. You cannot leave this existence until your time for doing so has come and My Angels take you home.

You are on the Earth to wake up to the fact that you yourselves are God; that it was you who created this dream world and that, therefore, you yourselves are both the dreamer and the dream. You and I are one; I dream my dreams through you and my sacred words and prayers flow through you. If you listen intently enough you will be able to become one with Me by joining them. The age-old yearning for a peaceful world to come is a manifestation of My vision through you. It is but a dream so far but together we shall make into a reality. Through wars I am teaching you the value of peace, so that when it finally comes to your world you will cherish and support it with all your strength. Having known war, troubles and strife, you will then sing My praises and lasting peace, within and without, will henceforth be your most treasured possession. You will safeguard it and make very sure that no-one and nothing will ever disturb it again. Such is the value of peace and that way alone can it be learnt.

You are experience; you are life itself and you are life experiencing itself. Over the ages, through your prophets I told your world many times that your earthly life is but a dream. Yet, for a long time you lacked the awareness of what that means and that you are always in Eternity! Now you know that understanding can only come through experiencing life and learning from it. But now you are waking up, I beg of you not to wait to put into practice whatever knowledge you find until you have reached what you once thought of Eternity. Your work is on the earthly plane; this is your school and you must learn.

I guarantee you that those who diligently pay attention to their earthly education cannot fail and whatever may befall them, they will never lose. There are no losers in the whole of My Creation. As long as you learn willingly and apply your knowledge to make the Earth a better place for everybody you can always count yourself among life’s winners. You have every reason to trust Me, as all along it has been a vital part of My great plan of life that good will at all times prevail. No matter how dire things may sometimes look on the surface of life, good will always triumph over that which is evil in the end. And My light will conquer every last shred of darkness that still is in your world.

Rest assured that you, your true eternal Self, will never, never die – it cannot die. As I rise into your conscious awareness and gradually take over your whole being, you will discover that you yourselves are the resurrection. You are the life, the way and the truth. Live it, take possession of it and endeavour to use whatever comes your way for the highest good of all life, for you yourselves are God and everything that is in your world and all worlds belongs to you. It is yours because I give it into your care for safekeeping and guardianship.

From ‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

With love and light,
    Aquarius

11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm eternal? yay? :mellow:

12. Aquarius123

Yes, you most certainly are!​

13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

look i can make noise with my armpit *pffffftooot*

14. Edgar Roni Figaro

Edgar Roni Figaro Well-Known Member

At this point in time, I would find great comfort in knowing the earth was going to be shattered by a major meteor or comet. There isn't enough understanding to know if life has a point or if it is just random meaninglessness. But one thing is blatantly clear as philosophers such as Arthur Schopenhauer have pointed out. There is far more pain and suffering in the world then there is joy and happiness.

While emotional optimistic people will say live for the few happy moments, any person who's life is guided by logical thought would say that overwhelming suffering means that consciousness is an evolutionary failure.

For those too stupid to contemplate the universe around them daily life is a miserable grind of doing things they don't want to do most of their lives. Most of these people wouldn't think about suicide and just accept things are the way they are and there is nothing they can do about it. So they go on living their lives most of the time doing things that bring them misery.

Then there are those that think about the point of existence. These "intelligent" people even if they can get beyond the basic day to day grind and think about the greater purpose are left with such little ability to understand the greater complexities of the universe and the point of existence, that they are utterly stranded in their own thoughts like a man in the middle of the ocean on a wooden raft. Answers never come, no matter how much they seek them. And that is why when Arthur Schopenhauer said "Nature shows that with the growth of intelligence comes increased capacity for pain, and it is only with the highest degree of intelligence that suffering reaches its supreme point." that he presented the argument that we will always know just enough to know that we will never have the answers we seek.

Life is needless suffering. The evolution of intelligence is an inherent failure. It almost seems as if evolution has a built in system of circular logic that once a creature reaches a certain level of intelligence it annihilates itself giving way to lesser species to evolve further. In time the full cycle repeats endlessly over and over never allow a supreme species to dominate. Self annihilation of any intelligence species seems almost assured.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  15. Aquarius123

Now, isn't that clever of you!?

:biggrin:

16. Aquarius123

Dear Figaro - that's a view I cannot share with you, because I perceive the matter as follows:

To become the spectator of one’s own life is to escape the suffering of life!
    Oscar Wilde
    (Fingal O’Flahertie Wills)​

I believe that it is possible in our imagination to look at our lives and all life through the loving and compassionate eyes of our Highest or God Self. Knowing once again that we are eternal beings, helps us to lift our spirit above the suffering of our own soul and that of our world and we recognise that all suffering has been a necessary phase in the development of our personal and collective soul. However, suffering was never intended to be a permanent state. It is a condition which the soul of our world – and our own within it – has created for itself as a method of finding its way back home into the awareness of its true nature and its oneness with God. To achieve this, all we need to do is imagine that we are with God, because that’s what we actually are, always have been and forever will be.

To avoid misunderstandings, I would like to point out that because God and the Angels are spirit – the same as the essence of our own being – to my mind they are connected with spirituality rather than religions. But what is spirituality? To me it means nothing more than an awareness of the most fundamental understanding of our true being which is that we are a great deal more than our physical bodies, that in truth we are spirit and soul who from time to time find themselves temporarily encased in matter. From this outlook on life the rest falls into place quite naturally.

From ‘Healers and Healing’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

17. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Although this thread is probably only there for the sake of angsty "edgy" people, I'm hopping in with only a few thoughts;

Many animals depend on humans. If we were to be extinct, even if our global death was not caused by anything directly harmful to other life, our absence would be devestating for many. And not just the ones whom we've ruined to serve ourselves, who can't live without us controling them. Many species have adapted to us being there, and 'estimate' that we'll be used as population control. Many species of life we've introduced to parts of the world where other life-forms haven't evolved to handle them.

We'd still leave behind our machines, pollution, and constructs. Except now there's nobody to maintain or control it. And then we have the diseases we keep in labs for study. Imagine if they were to get out, and there'd be no control over them. Animals, and many plants, who live now, do not have any protection against some diseases that went "extinct". Not all of the viruses, bacteria, and fungi we keep, whom are considered extreme biohazard, are human-only.

But, realisticly, humans are not going to die out alone. Be it by nuclear warfare, natural disasters, external, cosmic disasters, robots or zombies.

But that's almost off-topic. So, to justify this thread, yes, I would. Not because of humanity as a whole, but because there are people I like. (Setting aside the obvious that I'm human, and thus I'd be dead, and thus I wouldn't know about them, nor would I be able to cry.)

And Aquarius, I'm sure that people who're in real, physical suffering (Say, children who're kept in chains and tortured and molested on an hourly basis) would be real glad to hear your speech. It's like spitting at them, telling them to shut up, and then forgetting they exist. But that's completely off-topic, and as much as I'd like to, I'm in the wrong for speaking about it on this thread.

18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Dear Aquarius, I am asking you this in the most polite way i can and with all due respect. Please refrain yourself from posting in my threads.
    You know very well my stand on your religious beliefs and nothing good will ever come out from you shovering your beliefs down my throat.

Sure, you are free to express your opinions wherever you can, but you know very well from a long time ago that by doing so you are greatly offending me. And yet you keep targeting me with your god and whatnot, this is very triggering.

I've done my best to not read threads wherever you post in. But now, you decide to post on my thread and with religious talk knowing full well it will turn into flame wars. But incase you didn't know, i don't appreciate that at all.

This place is big enough for both of us. And i'm sure you're an understanding adult. So i'm asking this in a friendly manners, please refrain from posting on my threads.

Regards.

What happened in the past, shall stay in the past. We had our little wars you and i. Let's start anew. So please take the advice the great bible says about respecting thy neighbours. And as neighbours co existing in the SF community, i'm telling you you're not welcome in my yard.

On a side note. I suggest you make a Religion talk Social Group on SF, where your fellows can talk at will about religions.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
  19. Aquarius123

Thanks and God bless, dear Boo. I shall do my best to remember to stay out of your yard.

All the best.

With love - Aquarius​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.