would you think you would be better if ... ?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Takotsubo, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

would you think everything would be better if what ever it was that was missing in your life, that made feel whatever you're feeling (suicidal , depressed, etc. ) .

like for me if i was going out with this one girl I'm in love with would that cure or treat my depression and suicidal thoughts . i wonder this i may be happier but for some reason i think i would still feel depressed and a little suicidal but not a whole lot like i am now.

if i happened to win the lotto , dont know , i would probably still feel depressed too. even though i would have lots of money still i think i would feel a little depressed .

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

if I won the lotto(assuming its for several million), i may be slightly happy. it means i'd be able to do the things ive wanted to do that are restricted by my wage(mainly just things like getting more land so i can get away from people). I wouldnt have much else to spend my money on. i certainly wouldnt be euphoric. it just means i have more time to do wat ever.

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I'd like to think that it would be better, but no, I do not think that having everything I want in life would solve my problems. Unless of course the thing that is missing is sanity and contentment, but that's maybe not what you meant.

4. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I dont think anything would really help,i had a girl who loved me more than i ever thought possible but my depression and anxiety screwed that up so if i had that again i expect i'd ruin it again.As nolonger said about the lottery i'd echo that thought,it would help in the sense that i'd buy a house in the country and have no money worries but i'd just be a hermit with the same set of problems.

5. Vanq

Vanq Active Member

Sure, money would help. If I had more money, I could afford to shop around for mental health professionals, and try out different combinations of medications.

6. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

no, nothing except a much better world would make me decide to live out the rest of my life. problem is, i didnt realize my needs would amount to that in the past...though they probably have been that way for awhile. even four years ago, I just wanted to find the 'perfect partner'....to die with

im psychologically probably no different than many very old people whose 'time has come'. try to force someone like that to live and its pointless

7. stormfront

stormfront Member

Thats funny, I was thinking that the other day when I saw the Mega Millions lottery climb past the 200 million mark. All that money and I'd hire the best psychiatrists and psychologists out there.

8. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

whats the point, they cant make the world a reasonable place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.