would you walk into the light?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Cariad_Bach, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

Do you watch Dr Who? Have you seen the episode with the army of weeping angels, and in the forest on the spaceship there's a light.... The Dr says it's time ruining out. And if you walk into the light your friends, comrades, everyone will forget you. Won't even remember your name. The Dr says if you walk into the light it will erase your very existence. You won't just die; it'll be that you never lived at all....

I watched that and I thought; I'd walk into that light. I have a good life with genuine friends, loving family, a good partner, a job with success and ambition... I'm recovering from depression and I've been improving well... But... I'd walk into that light, in an instant, and I'd be convinced that both I and the world would be better off.

Sometimes getting better is still so difficult. And sometimes recovery seems still so very far away..
  2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I saw that Dr Who episode too Cariad_Bach; just like in the film Ghost, where Molly (Demi Moore) watches her husband Sam (Patrick Swayze) walk into the light to heaven, after appearing for her, so they could say their last goodbyes

I would walk into that light too Cariad_Bach, even though I would be walking away from the love of my life; my gf Claire - selfish of me, I know, as were the situation reversed I would be devastated
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.