Would you want a funeral?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DrowningInTears, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

I dont want one I want to be forgotten and erased. One last request I would make is to not have a funeral or have anything written about me in obituaries etc. I just want to fade away into obscurity as if i never existed. I have had little joy in my stay here on earth, some are made to have a great life, and some are made to suffer.
  2. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

I want to have a funeral, a gravestone my family can visit..
  3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I don't want to be put into the ground to rot in darkness. I would rather be cremated and thrown into the air so I could fly up into the sky. My whole life has been rotting in darkness, I don't need a funeral and I don't need to be kept close. I want to be free.
  4. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I want a funeral to be recorded and a grave stone be put on me either burried or cremated as to offer a place of peace to my beloved.
    i cant deny those who love me a place to feel closer to me once i will have passed away. the opposite would be selfish.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I dont want a traditional funeral. Why? So that all the people that made my life miserable can now come together at my expense and say "oh what a wonderful person she was" or " how could she do this to us" Uh uh, I want to be cremated and have my ashes thrown out over the country roads that brought me so much comfort. If they do bury me I can only hope they bury me face down so that the world can kiss my ass!!!!
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I'd like a funeral and though it would be unlikely I would want the atmosphere happy. Happy that if there is a heaven, I'm infinitely happier there. There is a mountain in the Adirondacks (New York State runs through my veins) on which I would want my ashes spread and not have my remains autopsied/made up :eeew: and dropped into a hole as a toxic pickle.
  7. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I don't see the point as no one would come.

Or more to the point, anyone who did come would come so that they looked good in society's eyes. They wouldn't actually give a damn.

But at the same time I want someone to show me that they actually care enough about me to mourn me when I'm gone...

So I dunno :unsure:
  8. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

No funeral for me. Because for one no one would visit the gravesite anyway. Just put my ashes along some river in Upstate NY or the ocean.

And not much people would come to my funeral anyway, esp. if I killed myself.

9. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i guess i would. for all the pain in my world i know there are a few (not many) people who might care enough to at least expect one. i definatly want to be cremated though, i dont want to rot in the ground.
  10. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. In my opinion people wouldn't go to mourn me it would be merely to 'show face'.
  11. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I would want my funeral to be only for my friends and my mum to go to if she was still here. As the rest of my family don't give a stuff about me but they would act as if they did at my funeral and it would all be for show to make people think they cared when they don't
  12. LouiseCap

LouiseCap Member

I would, so that it will give my family and friends a chance to say goodbye I guess. Well I would say goodbye in a less obvious way before I would die but you know what I mean. I don't want them to have to suffer and keep all of their emotions in. They need somewhere to go and let their feelings out, even if it is anger :sad: but at least a funeral may help in their grieving process (that's if they will even miss me).
  13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Would anyone ever have their body donated to a medical school to be used for disections by medical students? I think cremation is the way I'll go when my time is up. :smile:
  14. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Well, if they find my body after i die, i want funeral, not because i need it, but because it should be done. But, i dont care if there isnt. I wish to kill myself in some lake or sea (im not going to details, because it can be treated as method and it could be deleted), i wish to drown muself in some easy way and i wish that my body will never be found.
  15. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

no funeral for me - i want to be cremated and my ashes thrown into the ocean at a place i love to go. if anybody cared for me they can visit that place and say hi.

16. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

it would be crazy if at every funeral for a lost member a large group of sf members would show up to pay respects. people at the funeral would say "who are those people?". maybe the only real friends the departed had.

17. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I'm planning to give cryogenics a try if I ever become wealthy enough to afford it. I want to see a lot of questions about physics answered but it looks like those answers might come after my time. It's plan B. :)
  18. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I know this sounds a little crazy but i would like if they took my body if they find it) and put me in a little boat made by wood and lit it on fire, so my body can finally swim free from the darkness. I would like a funeral and my ashes would be at the ocean.
  19. PeaceBlueFire

PeaceBlueFire Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want a funeral. I'd rather they forgot about me like I never existed. If they want to morn my passing, they can do that on their own time. No need to make a big deal of me after I'm gone if they never did while I was alive. I don't want a grave or memorial or anything. I want all of my stuff burned and forgotten. My existence vanquished from sight, thought and mind.
  20. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

Yes id like to have one, a fairly light hearted chilled occasion if poss, id like to have 'bright eyes ' played as i go out and be cremated , then id like the kids to take my ashes to Portland Bill and let me blow into the rocks and sea .

Its not something id get maudling about planning , just a small part of saying goodbye really or rather aurevoir .

What would i like to be remembered for :huh: well loyalty , being non judgemental and loving my kids more than anything even when all else in my life i failed at - those 3 will be fine .
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.