Wouldn't a "check out" desk be nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right U R Ken

When we think of suicide there's an endless amount of problems that go with that. The biggest being how to do it. Most ways can cause a lot of pain, leave a mess for others, or not succeed but cause permanent damage.

I though, hardly ever think of the word "suicide" or how to "kill" myself. I always think of the term "check out" I would like to just check out. To be able to walk up to a check out desk somewhere and say "I'm too tired i can't do this anymore i want to check out" And the person behind the desk would say "ok sir" and take care of things and then lead me to a door I can walk thru and be in the afterlife. No more pain, no more loneliness. Be at peace.

I truly understand why you think that would be awesome, I think so too.

But then again, if you look at how life is built, suicide is a difficult thing on purpose. It's generally something you're not supposed to do, in any circumstances.
That's why a check-out desk like the one you described would be kind of a "too easy"-way out. What if everyone, or at least a considerable amount of people would go, using the possibility without thinking about all the ramifications? It would upset the balance of the world and I might cause serious problems if important people would just "check out" without thinking about that without them, things could go wrong with things in life they had an effect on.

Rather than a check-out desk, how about a we'll-take-care-of-it -desk :) ?
The person behind the desk would just take care of things for you and set your mind at ease. That would be great.

I'm not saying that your idea is bad or wrong Ken, but I'd hate to see someone, you for example, just check out when things could just be taken care of and you'd still be around for people who love you :)

malek

actually we humans are destroying the world with overpopulation for one. Maybe this option would weed out people that dont want to be here ... like my self ... and the resources i would normally consume could be better redistributed to feed and clothe someone that enjoys life.

Could it maybe be a check out for awhile desk? So when things get to be so terribly awful we can take a break and leave it all behind, but when we feel like we are ready to handle life again come back? I am not always sure permanent would be the answer. Even more confusing, huh? Oh well, the ideas are nice.

Could it maybe be a check out for awhile desk? So when things get to be so terribly awful we can take a break and leave it all behind, but when we feel like we are ready to handle life again come back? I am not always sure permanent would be the answer. Even more confusing, huh? Oh well, the ideas are nice.
^^^^^^^ :agreed:

:grouphug:

DepressionII

actually we humans are destroying the world with overpopulation for one. Maybe this option would weed out people that dont want to be here ... like my self ... and the resources i would normally consume could be better redistributed to feed and clothe someone that enjoys life.
Completely agreed. How many little African kids could be fed, watered and clothed by the food, water and clothes consumed by those of us that don't actually WANT to be here? (Not that I'm one of those bleeding heart hippies that cares about "Mother Earth's every creature" and etc, but I'm just throwing the fact out there.)

Right U R Ken

I'm not saying that your idea is bad or wrong Ken, but I'd hate to see someone, you for example, just check out when things could just be taken care of and you'd still be around for people who love you :)

No one loves me, I have no family, no wife or girlfriend, nothing.

I agree with that statement... i dont understand why those of us who dont want to be saved use up space in a hospital or whatever... I basically waist time and dont understand why they are forcing me to get help when theres people dying because i took the ambulance so they could save ME even though i didnt want to be saved...

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I like the idea of a "checkout-for-a-while" desk. Just get away for a bit, then come back refreshed. I often feel like I don't want to "be here" anymore but I wouldn't do that to my kids, family, and friends.:sad: It would be bad enough to do that to myself, but to make the ones I love suffer, I just won't do that.

love,

least

Right U R Ken

Completely agreed. How many little African kids could be fed, watered and clothed by the food, water and clothes consumed by those of us that don't actually WANT to be here?...

Sadly the answer is none. Thousands of us could "check out" but that would not lead to any more food getting to the hungry. There's actually plenty of food for them right now, it's just a matter of distribution. It's not getting to them. I think people that want to check out think of things like that so they can have the thought of some good coming from their passing.

I've always thought that a good trade off would be my being painlessly put out of my misery and in return they can have all my organs for sick people who want to be here! Everyone a winner!!!

LeaveMeAlone

i've been told by my doctor that if i commited suicide they would have to conduct an autopsy and thus they couldn't use my organs, which seems totally unfair, it might've just been a lie tho to convince me to stick around, it's hard to get a straight answer from any of these people.

Might be true... but in my wonderful system, a dr has killed you so they know the cause of death. They only need autopsy in sudden death where they are unsure of the cause.

That does seem like a good solution shygirl, but hence, not a probable one. So here we remain, wishing, hoping, living yet another day. Maybe this is what it is supposed to be. Who really knows. I would love a checkout desk though. If only....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00