Wow, cant believe I use to be suicidal :|

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BravoFREAK, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BravoFREAK

BravoFREAK Active Member

Yer I use to spend alot of time on this forum, helped me get through the tough times.
    Its been quite a long time and I have no suicidal feelings no more :)
    Though have recently found out I have social anxiety, which actually explains why I was so depressed (still depressed but toughing it through)
    Just thought id come back and share a lil story about myself.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That's really wonderful you don't have those thoughts anymore. That you can look back and see that change. Congrats my friend!!!!!!!!!

3. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming back and sharing your story. Could you share with us what allowed you to have a change of heart? Many people have social anxiety but this can be overcome by the realization that YOU are just as important as anyone else, even if others appear to have better looks, more talent, a nicer job, a more loving family, etc. We are all unique in our gifts. No one is without something to contribute to our planet. If everyone was exactly the same, we'd all be clones of each other. That's not how we were meant to be. If you believe that this is true, you will be able to be proud of who you are, and your anxiety will lessen. But you have to believe it for it to help you. Good luck to you in all your endeavors!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased that you don't have those feelings anymore.
    It's a really tough thing to come through and i'm proud of you for it :)
    Take care.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

It's fantastic to feel that way isn't it? I'm glad you're feeling better.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is good to see you BravoFREAK. It has been a long time. I am glad to hear things have gotten so much better for you. Thank you for sharing with us that things can turn around. It is always good to hear about those who have found success with their struggles. :hug:

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Thanks for sharing your good news!!! It's good to know that this forum and the people here are able to help one another and that there are some success stories to be shared. Kudos to you for all the hard work to get where you are right now. But hun never forget your friends here. They are bound to be a few rough spots ahead and they are always there to help you smooth out the bumps that you may stumble over along the way. Sending only the best wishes your way for a bright and exciting future!!!

8. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Just let the suicidal thoughts in your past, and keep feeling like that. Good news.

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Well done Bravofreak. It just goes to show that there is hope for everyone who is suicidal. It can get better.

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I want to say congradulations. You have put up a good fight and won. It is inspirational for those of us that are struggling. Please keep us informed every now and then on how you are doing.Take Care and Stay Strong!!!:chopper:

11. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

PeaceGirl is absolutely right. Don't be afraid to embarrass yourself. You can't succeed unless you try.

12. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Congrats on overcoming your problems and thanks for sharing.
    This may give others a bit more hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.