Wow I'm paranoid!!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by resistance, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Argh. Well, it may sound stupid. Perhaps I worry too much, or maybe I don't. I don't know, but I am sooo paranoid right now! As some of you know, I'm in a new job, my first real job, so I'm a little unsure of things. But, this evening after finishing work, I signed out, and I signed a co-worker out too. By "signing out", I don't mean signatures, I mean just the time you leave work. We finished at the same time, she was in the office with me. My manager was behind me. Before I signed out, my manager said, "you can get the sack for doing that". Not sure if she said "can" or "will". Everyone else signs others out! So now, I am very paranoid, I'm worried when I go to work tomorrow afternoon, she is going to sack me! :( I really like my job... I don't want the sack. :(

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

She's just being a bitch Res, try not to worry all night it's hardly a sacking offence and she knows it :mad:

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Really? :unsure: From chats in the staffroom it sounds like she's a bit of a dragon but then I speak to co-workers on their own and they say she is pretty reasonable so I dunno. I just don't want to lose my job. I'm thinking if she doesn't bring it up tomorrow should I just carry on or mention it to her to get it out of my mind! Will she approach me, like, next week or something and tell me I'm sacked then hehe Maybe I worry too much..? :unsure: :hiding:

4. Terry

If it's worrying you this much then yes I'd mention it.
    Ask if it's a rule that you are unaware of, that way you've let her know you did it out of ignorance. :hug:

5. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

You can't get sacked for signing someone out. What you did was an accident anyway so just sit down and calmly explain to the manager what happened. By rights, she can't do anything to you. I sign people out all the time, and I've never had anything bad happen to me. Don't worry, hun, everything will be fine.

:hug:

6. Terry

How'd it go Ressie ? :unsure:

7. danni

danni Chat Buddy

sack?? sorry whats that mean

i hope thing get better hun :hug:

8. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

To get the sack means to be fired/kicked from your job.

9. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Spoke to the boss and she said she was only kidding. :rolleyes: Well, it isn't allowed but there's cameras in the office and everyone signs others out so it's all good. Thanks guys. :hug:

10. Terry

:biggrin: :hug:

11. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

it's probably something like I'm prone to do at times - say something and not mean it in a bad way, but someone interpreting it as possibly bad.
    All the same, I'm not sure the boss should be kidding about something like that so soon after you've started.

12. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I know, and when I went to sign out on Friday I was the butt of peoples jokes and people were laughing at me because I took it seriously. :rolleyes: How was I to know?? hehe anyway, everything is good. :yes:

13. ybt

ybt Guest

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.