WOW OMG happy people leave the Forum

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nolove89, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolove89

nolove89 Active Member

All you fucking happy people is fucking pissing me off and make us feel worse because your life is way better than ours will ever be. Suicidal people wanna hear from suicidal people not people with almost perfect lives!

So GTFO please.

2. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

excuse me? this is a pro life site, so even if u dont join for the positivity in the first place, none of us stay to hear that no one is gettin better. i personally, and im sure most others too, am glad to hear when people who have provided us all with so much support get better and find a way to a happy life.

3. People have the right to be happy and them being so doesn't bother me, but I can empathise when people excessively use ':hug:', when someone posts a emotional and/or depressing story and 50 people run in posting ':hug:', for me, perhaps not for others, but I find that very not only unhelpful but plain depressing, for people who don't get hugs very often - if at all, getting a 'cyber' hug from someone who doesnt even know you and most like doesnt really care about you in any depth, it just somewhat rubs it in and makes you miss really being hugged even more. For me, someone writing a warm and caring response to you is great, words are great, but when people just post :hug:, to me it's that they either cant be bothered to really talk to you, or dont have anything useful to say. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't post, and for those who say that those smiley things allow them to show their feelings, I think thats just laziness, words can express your feelings, animated yellow faces on a computer screen achieve very little. That's just my 2 cents, sorry if others disagree, but that's the way I feel.

4. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

i think its totally up to you if you dont like the hugs personally and im sure anyone who reads ur post will make sure to avoid huggin u virtually in the future, however i think it is highly unfair to say its just laziness. and as for the if u have nothing constructive to say part... for most situations here it is extremely difficult to find something "useful" to say but we we like to show we read and acknowledged your post and that the poster isnt alone and is indeed cared about here. so if u want people to stop that, and if u want people to hold back from replyin when maybe they havent got the perfect solutions, then this is goin to become a very quiet forum.

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Personally, I think it's pretty unfair to judge people you don't know, and know nothing about, maybe people try to joke and and etc to keep things off their mind to cope? ..and please don't ask people to leave, it is not your place.

6. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

All you fucking happy people is fucking pissing me off and make us feel worse because your life is way better than ours will ever be. Suicidal people wanna hear from suicidal people not people with almost perfect lives!

So GTFO please.

Trust me nobody has a perfect life so to speak. We are all struggling from this illness. I apologize if we come across like we cannot understand. Should I say I don't pucking care , I donut, I add humour to some threads so we can escape even for a a minute of smile from the torments of daily struggles we have to face.

I wonder who do you specifically thought have a happy life in here. Many here I presumed are no better thsn anyone else.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Believe me my life sucks. But I feel a little better when I know I've made someone else laugh. It's like therapy for me. Point taken and I will avoid making you laugh. I also find it so uplifting when I see a member that I've watched suffer here, get the chance to brighten their life and move on. And as for the other happy people that are here only to help, God bless you. You are taking the time to try and make a difference to show those who can't see that life can be better. Right now I am the farthest from a happy person hun so if you want to talk pm me.

8. Sorry, I think I probably went on a bit too strong about it, they are just smiley faces afterall, just having a bad day, my bad everyone.

9. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

Most people are on this board out of necessity. Lost souls looking for advice, understanding or just someone to vent to. So if someone who is perfectly happy, who has no personal gain from being here is actually on this board and trying to give advice to people who are down, it says a lot about that person’s character. Grow up.

10. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Happy people generally do leave the forum without being told to.

11. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

bleach,

you saw it here first: i 100% agree with you
    not often that happens, eh?

cath.

12. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

Excuse me for trying to help. Excuse me that things are going better in my life. Carolyn is right, it is not your place at all to tell us to leave. If you have such a problem with "happy people" I think maybe you should leave. There is no such thing as a perfect life. Everyone has problems, even if they aren't willing to admit it. Everyone has a tolerance for emotional pain. One thing for one person may seem miniscule, but to another, it could ruin their life.
    I think you need to think before you say things...

13. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

For everyone who wonders why I hate hugs so much, this post expresses it perfectly:

And despite Midnight-Soul backing away from these statements, I stand by them. I really do think they're a lazy reaction to a case where you Normals can't think of anything to say. If you want to express the idea that "I read your post, you're not alone, but I can't fix your problem," then JUST SAY THAT. Posting hugs, either here or in the chat room, is cheap, superficial, lazy, and implies a degree of familiarity that usually doesn't actually exist.

14. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I have not been on this forum long but even if there are some happy people they are not here to just "rub it in our faces". Most of the people on this forum have been through the stage of wanting to commit suicide or have gone through a lot of tough times and managed to get through it. How are they rubbing your face in it ???????????? I don't understand. This site is not only for suicidal people to just talk about how bad life is it is also to have people to support members going through a crisis.

15. nedflanders

Yes, it says they're a Buttinsky. Would any of us would-be suicides be welcome at the Optimist Club?

Everyone who's here long-term gets tedious. Some are depressives who can't get better and are too chicken to kill themselves. Their constant travels over their deeply-rutted psyches are incredibly tedious. It's even worse when a long-time member posts "I'm gonna do it!" and fifty other long-time members respond with their damn hugs. That's just attention-seeking.

But the Normals who stay here long-term can be even worse. Unless they learn to keep their place, their constant cheeriness or sickly-sweet language can end up just as triggering, since it shows the vast gulf between suicidals and Normals. If you want to be here and be happy, please be quiet about it.

16. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

So now we are called "normals".
    Do you really think that anyone on this forum has never felt alone and scared? Do you really think that just because we have found a way to turn our lives around means that we never felt bad in the first place? Do you think that us 'normals' don't have our bad days?
    Grow up.

17. nedflanders

No matter what their intentions are, the Normals around here end up triggering the suicidals merely be demonstrating the vast gulf between where they are and where we are. None of the Normals actually do much to make things better for the suicidals--they're not pshrinks (or miracle workers), and we suicidals aren't leaving because this place turns our lives around. So the Normals could be here for altruistic reasons, or just to poke sticks through the bars of our cages. It doesn't matter why they're here--merely by being here, they can make things worse.

18. nolove89

nolove89 Active Member

If i was a Admin I would fucking IP BAN you for saying that.

19. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

dear oh dear .. posts like yours are more likely than anything to make me want to stop helping people, but I know there are good people here, so I'll keep trying, not that I have a lot of time atm. For your information, I have been to hell and back but managed to turn my life around. Do you have a problem with that?

20. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

Why would you ban me? For being honest? For saying things as they are?
    I am very sorry that you have just realized that you are wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.