1. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

One whole day without thinking about suicide! Only just realised that I hadn't thought about it today. Just don't ask me not to think about pink elephants....
  2. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

Congrats! So happy for you!
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

That's GR8 News K8E!!! Awesome achievement, well done :) I so believe that this is how recovery happens, and that there will be more days like this in the future, and then many more, and then you will know that the suicidal ideations was a time and experience you were able to get through........ the way up is through, and you're doing it hun :)
  4. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

Thank you both!
  5. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

6. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Well done K8E! You must be so proud of yourself! Did you know there is a pink elephants emote in chat which I created? :tongue-new:
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Congrats KBE, Can't believe this thread has more than 300 views!!!!
  8. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

Neither can I! I'm still feeling so much better and actually met a friend for a coffee today. It was great to see her and it reminded me that there are people in the real world as well as here who are good to be around.
    I also went to London on my own on Saturday, visited the National Portrait Gallery (I like art) and had lunch with my son. I felt more alive and optimistic than I have in months. Walking the galleries made me feel excited about how much beauty and how much talent is out there. I visited the portraits of some of my favorite writers and it was like meeting them in person. Wished I could bring some of them home, but bought postcards of the ones that I could. I felt connected somehow even though they have been dead for over a hundred years in some cases.
    The BP Portrait Prize exhibition also made me feel that it's alright to feel crap sometimes and that it can be survived. It was also a huge relief to see real women depicted. Baggy, saggy, wrinkled, scarred, aging and still beautiful. What a difference to the images we are surrounded by in the media.
    Meeting my son for lunch also made me realize that even though he is hundreds of miles away and only in touch a couple of times a month he still needs me and even though I am far from perfect I am still his mum and that means a lot; especially as he is an only child. We chatted about lots of things and he sent me a text a few days later saying how much he enjoyed seeing me and saying that he loved me. :D
  9. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

Pink elephants!! :elephant: