wrist scars

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by bels, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bels

bels New Member

So this was my 4th attempt, 1st was superficial wrist, 2nd was try to <mod edit:*sparkle*:triggering>, I had 6 stitches. 3rd was drinking 500ml of <mod edit: *sparkle* : methods> , this time I cut my left wrist with a <mod edit: *sparkle* triggering>. So now I have to live with an ugly scar, any suggestions how to hide it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Hi bels, it's hard to hide these. I always hear surgions suggesting vitamin e oil so that could maybe worth a try to help improve the look. I would think your really left with covering, some camouflage make up would be my suggestion but there are many things you could do like the obvious bracelets or a watch. http://www.scar-tissue.net/forum/index.php might be helpful to you it's a self harm support website.

3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

I had heard about vitamin e oil or bio oil. I tried both for a few months but nothing changed at all.
    I wouldn't recommend spending money on it.
    Unfortunately I coudldnt tell you what might help. Make up sounds like a good idea, but that would also dry out the skin. Idk if it would still matter after it's healed but my scars get really itchy when they are dry

4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

there are scar removers you can buy at drug stores and such

5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Sorry but im afraid your stuck with the scars. Disregard anything anyone has said about spending money on scar removers as none of them work, neither do vitamin e or bio oil, its a false economy targetted at the vulnerable and vain

6. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

I do know some scar removers work.....I have used some myself. I'm sorry you believe that none of them work, but maybe they just don't work for you, Wayne.

7. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

All you can really do is wear long sleeves hun. The only thing i can think of for removing them is surgery.

8. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Hiya there, iv got some prity nasty scars there too, it didnt knit properly and so have keloid scars that stick out quiet a bit and where the stitches went in makes it look like ive had my hand re-attached.

i used to go to great lengths to hide them, ive done everything you can think of. Now though I see them as my battle scars and dont try to hide them.
    If someone wants to ask me they can, depending who they are depends on my response.
    I usually just say it was a motorbike accident and leave it at that.
    most people look but they dont ask though

9. Jelly

Jelly Well-Known Member

I used to wear wrist bands and stuff to hide mine. Cover up might work.

Sorry to hear about the cuts...hope things are going okay.

10. ash_wanderer

ash_wanderer Member

I used to wear wristbands too...my method is, wash cut with warm water and soap, then put antibiotic ointment on the cut, wrap...repeat until scar forms, then keep it constantly moist with vitamin e or lotion. This helps reduce the appearance greatly.

11. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

I always wear a watch over mine, I have about 3 gashes and it covers it quite well. Plus I like watches anyways.

12. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

surgery. if anyone asks say it was a surgery for your tendons/broken wrist cpmplications. laugh it off if they look concerned. of course if you have scard from self-harm this may be unconvincing. or you may be uncomfortable lying.

13. alixer

alixer Active Member

I'd get a tattoo. There are even patlours that specislise in tattooing over scars. You may have to wait a few months until they have completely healed though.

14. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I use to hide my scars then i stopped caring if people saw them, out of all the people who could of saw them only one person asked about it and was quite understanding, i've tried bio oil it only made a very slight difference but long sleeves or wristbands are your best bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.