Writing letters before your death...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Blackness, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Well Ive written a letter in the past, just for my immediate family.

But do you think it would be a good idea to write individual letters to everyone 'important' in your life?

I'm thinking ill write one each to my friends, reminising on the old times and saying how much this isnt there fault, but for others ill say how much this is their fault.

So individual letter, are there too full on or a good idea?

2. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

I've never really written a letter, just a quick note with messages to everyone important in my life. I guess if you were really serious about doing something (I hope you're not, by the way...) then leaving a personal letter to each person would mean something to them but wouldn't it also make it harder for them to accept your death? I mean, yeah, they have a letter with you reminding you of all the good times but isn't that going to upset them because they'll never have those good times again? A quick note saying how much you love them would suffice. I hope you never have to do that, though.

:hug:

3. I've already wrote a letter, with sections for each person dedicated it to them.
    I've also gave my password out in it so someone can tell people on here too, as I have close friends on here too.
    I've also sent some of my letters out to close friends, just so they have it incase I don't get a chance to write it to them.

4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I guess I have lots of letters to write. Even to some people I don't like, I have to let them know how I feel about them before I die. Even if I hate them at the present, I may forgive them in the end. So I guess I must let them hear my last words no matter how. Moreover, if I kill myself, I don't want people to think I do it for trivial reasons. If I commit suicide, then I am sure thats the only way left.

5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

How about you write the letter and give it to them in person? May sound silly but it's not really... if people know how much you're hurting and how much you appreciate them it can help the pair of you. You obviously have people in your life you care for and they care for you too, lean on them. I know this isn't the base of your post but hang in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.