writing on myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by wonderer, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is where I ought to post this.
    Lately I've starting writing on my arms because I really want to be cutting, but I realize that as soon as I let myself do that I'm going to try and kill myself. Basically I'm writing whatever I'm feeling, and I'd rather be cutting but somehow this is almost close enough for me. I write whatever I feel about myself, anything from "worthless psychotic bitch" to "someone loves me, but only for now." I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this new habit of mine, and I guess I wondering what other think. On the one hand, its not good that I feel the way I do and that I feel like I need to do something, on the other... I'm not physically hurting myself and its a way to get rid of that feeling. What do you people think?
    Rae

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I think that if it's keeping you from hurting yourself, it's awesome. 'Tis wonderful, Rae. :thumbup::hug:

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I think thats a great idea. I remember drawing red lines all over me. sometimes I got a bit carried away and just started colouring in like a crazy person :tongue: But I think it's way better than actually making yourself bleed. Good on you. :)

4. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

Don't forget to use non-toxic pens! :D

5. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

you must be proud of finding something to avoid it. ¡congrtaz!!!!

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I started by writing on myself... and then scratching, and then they got deeper. and then i started using sharper things than my fingernails, and it escalated from there.

but that said, writing on yourself is a great way to not cut.. you get to vent everything you want on your arms/legs/whatever. and the best bit? it isnt permanant. ^^

TDM

7. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm kinda worried that may be where this is going for me, too :dry:

8. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I use to take red lipstick (the liquidy kind) and draw cuts on myself. If it helps that's great. It did for me too.

9. i think it is great that you are taking preventative measures so that you dont cut yourself, i wish i was strong enough to do that myself. could you possibly try writing more positive words on yourself though? for example 'i deserve better than this' or 'i CAN recover' or something?

either way, i think you are really strong, and should be proud of yourself and your strength,
    katy
    xxx

10. __Rawr.Tigga

__Rawr.Tigga Well-Known Member

Yay! Go You! :hug:

If it stops you from cutting hun you should be happy. Don't let the desire get the better of you. I used to write on myself, all over, and it did help, but I gave in and here I am today. Stick tot eh pen love and well done! :biggrin:

Take care and keep strong,
    Tigga
    x

11. Dante Wrath

Dante Wrath Member

i been drawing red lines on myself when i need to cut... it helps a little but i dunno what else to do

12. Metallica*Melinda

Metallica*Melinda Well-Known Member

I used to do that when I was in the phsyc ward when I was 16...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.