Wrong Place?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Beachy84, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beachy84

Beachy84 Member

This seems to be a place for teens. I am a couple of decades past those years, but am still need of help. Is there anywhere else I can go, or are there other 30-somethings here?

2. helena

helena Staff Alumni

hiya Raxmus :)
    Welcome to the forum :)
    There are 30 somethings here, 40 somethings :angel:, 50 somethings.....
    I am sure you will meet people here you can relate to and
    understand what you are dealing with.
    Take care and hope to read more of you soon :)

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm on the verge of being 30 (I'll be 26 in january) But yeah there is lots of non teens here

4. Beachy84

Beachy84 Member

Anyone out there in their 30's or 40's? Please let me know if there is anywhere we can go for serious help. I don't know what to do, but I'm pretty sure that any site that has a dancing chicken emoticon is not serious and not for me.

Thanks,
    Raxmus

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  5. Beachy84

Beachy84 Member

Kankuro, Thanks for the reply. It is encouraging to know that there are other adults here. I feel like I am intruding upon a young person world sometimes.

Thanks,
    Raxmus

6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Don't let the Dancing chicken emoticon fool you. Its not all about fun and games and what not here. SF is a very supportive forum and the members here take that very seriously. Its helped me out quite a bit. You should stick around a little while and give it a try to see if you find what you need here.

7. james79

james79 Member

Raxmus,

I'm turning 30 in November and I'm hoping I can relate to some of the things you are going through and vice versa. While I agree this site has an obvious youth presence I think that is inherent to suicide in general.

James

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Raxmus, Yes there are some dinosaurs here,..I'm 52 and have friends here as young as sixteen..This is a very supportive bunch of people..Don't fret over the chicken... You need a little humor in the healing process..Stick around and read the threads and replies.. I'm sure you will see that we all no matter how old care for each other and don't want to see anyone come into harms way.. Take care!!

9. helena

helena Staff Alumni

yes, a lot of people including me.... thought I answer this question, but you seem to just have ignored my post ????
    the thing with the emoticons doesn't mean this site isn't serious,
    but even people in dispair need a light note once in a while.
    Please don't judge this site on appearance, give it the time to look around and look behind the first things you see and you will realize that there's more people like you in here than you thought.
    Take care

10. Beachy84

Beachy84 Member

Thanks everyone. I think your responses may have kept me alive for another night.

Raxmus

11. forgotten1591

forgotten1591 Member

I say just give it a chance. The people here are very helpful and sopportive like kankuro said.

12. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

I'm in my 40's Raxmus. Feel free to let us know what's going on, maybe we can help in some way. Glad to hear you are still here!

13. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

Hello Raxmus! I'm 47, been struglling with depression and suicide attempts for most of my life, came here 2 weeks ago and for the first time in my life found myself in the company of people who understand, try to help and want to listen without judging me, some of them teens, some older then me. I hope you will feel same kind of support. Don't let the smilies mislead you, the people here take suicide very seriously and there are also many threads where you can socialize and get to know others. I have discovered lately that humour helps me a lot, but that doesn't mean that I won't take someone's problems seriously. Take care and hope to hear more from you :)

14. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Add me to the list. I'm 45 and have been battling mental health issues and suicidal urges for years now. Have you checked out Antiquities yet? A place for the 30 + set to be able to post and get replies and responses from peers.

If you need someone to talk to or help you find your way around drop me a pm. I hope you stay because SF is really a very supportive site regardless of age. Everyone here is suffering some sort of pain and thus everyone seems to understand one another. You can say all the things that you have been holding deep inside knowing others really do get what you're saying. No judgements passed. You might even find yourself like so many of us here, offering advice through your own experiences. That is the real gem about SF. The advice is guenuine cuz it comes from people that have expereicned and learned from those experiences. Not a bunch of professionals that only have book smarts.

And it is true sometimes laughter can be the best medicine ( or a great way to hide from others). So although SF is about support and advice and caring in general, it is also a place to make some new friends socialize and get some much needed relief from the everyday challenges we face. I think you'll find you will fit in here just fine. Welcome to SF.

15. Beachy84

Beachy84 Member

Wow, thanks everyone; great messages. I think I'll give the people on this site a chance! Beats the alternative...

R

16. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

I'm 29, had a few suicide attempts, a lot of tragedy. I'm sensitised to pain and shock and suffer from terrible anxiety so I always run away, if anyone pushes me I don't know what I'll do. My username just got banned due to a mistake by staff lol . Then they restored everything. But God I was so worried...

People care, look for the good, and just remember, you may think badly of yourself, but the best of people don't judge that way at all ^__^ . I certainly don't, don't feel bad, don't feel anxious, just reach out and touch across the world.

Thumbs up to you. Look for the good.

17. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Make it a fresh start - you've made a few mistakes, so what, look at the name of the forum.

I think I better reduce my location info, it's stretching the screen. Oh man.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad to hear it :smile: welcome to the forum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.