wrote something terrible *trigger

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by irishone1, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishone1

irishone1 Member

these last two days i have been extremely depressed. I havent had suicidal thoughts like this except at two of the worst points in my life, one of which i tried to hang myself. I wrote something awful , im writing how im going to kill myself. im not well.

2. immure

immure Account Closed

why don t u go to the hospital?

3. irishone1

irishone1 Member

im thinking of going to a therapist or something tomorow. Im tired of these terrible thoughts and nightmares, and i still have one thing to live for. I really cannot go to a hospital. do you think theres a chance id have to go to one?

4. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

If you tell a therapist, hospital, police officer etc... that you are imminentaly suicidal (i.e. if oyu tell them you will do it in the next 24 hours or that you have a set date and a reasonable way to carry it out, or something to that effect) they are legaly obligated to have you detained for mental evaluation. Now, in no way am i trying to dissuade you from telling someone about it but i think you should first tell a friend or family member. someone who wont have the men in white knocking on your front door. because, forced incarceration can do a lot more harm then good (trust me i know all about incarceration and itd detrimental effects on the human psyche).

5. deepends where you live
    california... if you are going to hurt yourself or someone, or you do not know who you are, then they put you into a hospital...

but i do think talking about it, finding help... finding the things that bring you enjoyment help...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.