wtf is with therapists

alle_vite

I mean seriously, you get on sat there telling you, you have skitzophrenia blah blah take these pills read this leaflet, then another saying you also have bpd take these pills read this leaflet then this other therapist saying there is nothing wrong with you, you just have and i quote "odd thoughts" and you shouldnt talk to anybody about them you should keep them to yourself, you should keep all your thoughts to yourself!!!!! i mean wth is all that about, i am so so confused about who i am allowed to tell what is going on it my head i am so confused about what to do next time the voice tells me to do soemthing wether now i listen to him and not tell anyone or what!!! i effin h8 therapy i am never going back cause apparntly i am just odd and shouldnt be telling people what i think or feel!!!!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think you need to get a new therapist:unsure:

I love therapy, my therapist is awesome and so kind.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What sort of therapist do you see? Im thinking i could ask to try and diffrent type of therapy!!
Just basic counseling, you have to form a special bond with your therapist if you want to be open with her, if you can't you should get a new one :hug:

alle_vite

I was seeing a phyciatrist and she was cold,nasty and looked at me like i was stupid the one time i did tell her what was going on it my head, so the next time i went she asked what was going on and i lied and said nothing which is when she started going on saying i have odd thoughts and i should keep my thoughts and feelings to myself and not tell anyone them, so now although i wanna go tell my docter what is going on in my head i dont know im allowed or not!!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was seeing a phyciatrist and she was cold,nasty and looked at me like i was stupid the one time i did tell her what was going on it my head, so the next time i went she asked what was going on and i lied and said nothing which is when she started going on saying i have odd thoughts and i should keep my thoughts and feelings to myself and not tell anyone them, so now although i wanna go tell my docter what is going on in my head i dont know im allowed or not!!
Your psychiatrist is an idiot.

Is there any way you can get a private one? :hug:

alle_vite

erm i dont think so, im gunna send a letter to my docter explaining everything then il leave it to her to decide what to do cause i dont trust any of the others in that practice!! thanx for listening to me winge on!!

Are you ok i just caught one of your threads!!

wastedmylife

some therapists stink, infact I am beginning to think most stink, I think most are in it for the money

I am beginning to realize people just need to get over problems themselves or learn how to figure things out on their own, I think deep down we all know our problems and we just want someone to talk to for whatever reason

wastedmylife

psychiatrists are the worst, dont let anyone tell you what you have, most of these mental illnesses are a bunch of crap

I saw some horrible therapist who sat there and told me all these things I had wrong with me to the point I wound up on this board and here I am, if I had seen a decent person I probably wouldnt be here and I would be happy

whoamiboo

Wait!! Please do not say ALL therapist are crappy!! Because they are NOT... :) If my opinion counts in this.... I believe that MANNNNNY are terrible yet there are some that absolutely love their job and people that they help. I have the most special, wonderful, kind hearted psych therapist that I have ever come across in all the years of therapy. She is just the best. She has helped me through the most tough times in my life.

I think it takes a long time to find a special therapist but when you find the right one he/she is a life saver. If you have the wrong one please continue on to the next one. I know from experience that it is a very difficult to find that right one... but the work is well worth it when you do find him or her.

kenny

Just basic counseling, you have to form a special bond with your therapist if you want to be open with her, if you can't you should get a new one :hug:
This is excellent advice. I'm fortunate that I've also got a good one. that said it has taken me a number of sessions to get comfortable enough with my therapist for me to really start to open up.

These things take time - Rome wasn't built in a day.

best of luck

wastedmylife

just quit my last therapist and realize how much worse I got in the last 4 months, I wish I had seen a decent therapist when I really wanted to back in April, god damn it

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00