Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

ugh i need to vent

had my first appt at the psych "day hospital" today, ie outpatient. saw a different shrink. my whole appt was about 20 minutes, she went over the same stuff as the last guy, but nowhere near as caring. first she got some of the basics wrong "so... when you overdosed... did you really want to die".... um. i didn't overdose. yes, i made an attempt. that wasn't the method. then she gave me the "you have a responsibility to your family to not do this. you need to step up and take responsibility. they will never get over it." yeah, thanks. now i'm feeling guilt as well as shame. "this isn't a joke" she says. me "do i look like i'm joking" her "that's not what i said." are you sleeping ok? nope. her "try warm milk." okay, she says, we'll see you in month.

WTF???? it took such nerve to go there. i thought about what i wanted to say. i thought about what questions they might ask. i thought about trust, and respect. i thought alot about honesty. i didn't imagine it would go like this. i am angry and i am sad and i feel horrible. i'm home now, getting drunk. this being ireland, when i run out of booze here there are 3 pubs within a 4 minute walk of my front door. thank god,

catherine

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm so sorry you had to find an ass that is trying to imitate a professional. If they can not have any more care and compassion for people that truly need it then it is time for them to move on. Unfortunately all their experience comes from textbooks and lectures and so very few have any first hand experience to deal with depression and other mental health issues. Walk away from that one and try another. Hopefully you will find someone who you feel comfortable with and gives you the help and support you deserve!

3. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

wow i hope its not like that when i inevitably end up in a similar place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.