Wtf?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Clockwork Reality, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Today was a bad day. I was sitting in my office when I heard to people yelling at each other, and then one of them threatend to beat the tar out of the other.

I got up and intervened. I told the other guy to go outside and cool down, but he wasn't moving. I then committed a cardinal mistake: I forcibly stopped a fight by pushing them apart.

So now a man who is a foot and a half taller than me and outweighs me by a good seventy pounds is accusing me of assault. He tried to call the police and have me arrested, but I'm glad that the world hasn't gone so far bizarro yet that I was arrested for trying to do the right thing.

I've spend the remainder of the day getting my ass chewed by my employers. Apparantly, I supposed to let people have fistfights in the hallway. I've also been accused of causing needless drama and one guy has told me that he's going to try to have me removed from my position.

I have to ask: what kind of fucked up world is this where I stop a fight and I get punished? This is bullshit.

I think my next powerpoint presentation is going to be comprised of "FUCK YOU" written on every one of my excel tables.

2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I dont blame you for being angry and yes you did the right thing, the problem here is that they probably know that and dont want to be seen as the wrong doers, so instead they have tried to land you as the wrongdoer to protect themselves, but stay strong as in time often in these situations the one who was right is normally recognised for their actions
    well done and tc

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Heh, i totally agree with you. You did the right thing. It's lame how being in the working environment, people become very one dimensional. You are not in the wrong. stay strong and stand your ground.

4. FutureSeek

FutureSeek Member

Sit down right away and document the entire incident. This may be vital defense ammunition should this go farther. Hard as it is, keep your emotions out of it

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You did do the right thing regardless of what they are saying. I would also date and document the incident. Will the person you did not shove validate what happened. If so, have them sign what you write. I am glad to know you weren't hurt in the altercation. There are still good people who have doing what is right on their minds. One of them is you. :hug:

6. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Things are a bit better, I guess. I had four people tell me that I was absolutely right yesterday, and that my job is secure. Best of all, asshole guy is probably going to get canned.

Now I'm going on vacation. I get to spend two hours on the train, then another six hours at the airport, then another eleven hours on the plane, six hours at the airport, then another elven hours on the plane, then two hours at the airport, then an hour on the plane, and then I finish it all up with a two hour drive.

Let's see . . . I think I've only missed boats and the space shuttle for modes of transportation.

7. trux

trux Well-Known Member

Still better than walking :tongue: