Xanax help anyone sleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Cybrsk8r, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

Ever since we found out the company's been lying to us, I've struggled to get any sleep. Ambien knocks me out, but only for a few hours, I usually wake up between 3 and 4am and then lie there. Random thoughts flood my mind. Would Xanax help?

2. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

More than likely yes. However it is not meant to be used for prolonged periods.

3. Cybrsk8r

My doc is giving me clonazepam. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
  4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

that should have a longer lasting effect

I had the same deal with ambien so whould just stick a xanax under my tongue when I woke up in the middle of the night and it helped me get another 3 hours sleep.

Is this a common sleeping pattern for you? I only get the wake up in the middle of the night insomnia type when my depression is going towards an agitated depression phase..they used to think it was a mania phase but? anyhow just wondering if sometimes you are able to sleep through the night like me and sometimes not

good luck with it all you could also take a benedryl with your ambien

5. Cybrsk8r

Yea, for the last week the pattern has been to take an Ambien around 9-10pm. I'm good until I wake up sometime around 3am and then I just lie there awake. If it snows this weekend I'll spend the whole time in bed and when I wake up, I'll take another.

6. Cybrsk8r

Last night was a little better. I stress "little". I took an Ambien when I got home and then two clonazepam around 9:30. Don't know what time I fell asleep, but I stayed asleep until close to 5am. Hoping I can get a good amount of sleep this weekend. when I wake up, I'll take another pill to know me out again.

7. Cybrsk8r

The clonazepam seems to make me sleep pretty good, but it also makes me tired the next day. I took some last night and I'm still feeling wrung out at 3 pm. Spent most of the weekend indoors because of the snow. Might blow off work tomorrow using the road conditions as an excuse.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I used to take xanax. Never wanted to sleep after taking it though because I felt so relaxed,didn't want to waste the good feeling sleeping:laugh: As someone mentioned already though.. they're not for prolonged use.

Glad the clonazepam is helping :)

9. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Xanax works for me.

10. Finance

Finance Well-Known Member

Xanax really is the business, when it comes to calming down and then falling asleep.

I've been on it for over 15 years and it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.