XANAX questions

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, May 4, 2008.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I know what this drug does, but its not doing anything for me, can anyone who takes this drug please say what your experiences were and what dosage please! I have been taking it for 3 weeks, and i have even started doubling the dosage, and it still does nothing.Thanks!

2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Personally it's one of the stronger prescriptions I've used, it helped me sleep when I was anxious before exams or other important deadlines. It usually helped me relax when I took it during the day time. It should be noted that I'm lightweight and have been chemically sensitive in general. Also, I've been very moderate with my usage of any substances (to prevent addiction) and Xanax was no exception. My dosage has rarely been over 1 mg, as even .5 usually suffices in my case. I rarely use it anymore, but I never dosed more than three times in a week in the past.. even during times of my most frequent usage.

Every individual reacts differently to every chemical. You may want to seek out another prescription, but here are some initial questions to ask.

What is your reason for taking Xanax? (ie. anxiety, insomnia, etc.)

What specific dosages are you taking, and how frequently?

Are you taking any other prescriptions, drinking, eating anything unusual?

When was the Xanax prescribed? (any expiration date listed?)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

thanks:smile: im nearly quadrupling the dosage now:laugh: and it still isnt working, i guess this med is just not for me, thanks for the advice!

4. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Sheesh, well can I have the rest then, considering you won't need it anymore? (j/k)

Honestly, sorry I couldn't be of more help. I think exercising daily can help anxiety a lot, so you may want to try that as a natural alternative. For what it's worth, I still have anxiety and insomnia problems myself, though they do tend to get milder when I'm living a relaxed lifestyle, having fun, eating well, and exercising. Good luck and enjoy your day.