Xanax

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cult logic, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I have a prescription for Xanax my psych gave me to calm down from panic attacks and PTSD.

I can take .5-1mg up to 3 times a day.

As a question to user of this or similar benzos, is it likely that I will end up addicted to it at 3mg a day?

I'm nervous about getting addicted down the road, running out, and then going through withdrawals.

2. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

As long as you take it as prescribed, you won't get addicted, don't worry

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Agreed

4. Craig

Craig Banned Member

I have abused Xanax in the past. So have most of the people I have grown up with. My Ex girlfriend that I live with has been persrcibed it for 2 or 3 years and she is addicted.
    She now takes between 1mg and 3mg a day depending on how she feels. I use to take it to get fucked up but I have recently started buying it through contacts to help me cope with everything. Im taking .5 to 1.5mg a day right now.

Xanax helps. It helps almost instantly but you will build a tolerance to it. If you choose or are forced to stop taking it you can have seizures. I have noticed that it will take care of your anxiety but if you dont take it all the anxiety you have put off with the medication will come on at once. It definatly has its ups and downs from a treatment prospective.

I feel it helps me a lot. I try to take as little as I can though.

I feel that its a call you have to make for yourself. Its very easy to abuse and very hard to stop taking once you have been for a while. If you decide to use it for help be very carefull. It can be wonderfull if you use it right. It can destroy you if you abuse it. I could name 3 friends I have right now that are going through hell and constantly fighting to find it on the street to support their habbit.

I know the drug very well so if you have questions dont hesitate to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.