yahoo ansers?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by emily83, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

just wondering if anyone used this, what your experiences are, and if it's worth it?

i'm thinking of giving it a go... what are the people like on their?

thanks

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You need to understand that the answers are coming from people completely at random, half or more of which are simply trolls giving anything from intentionally false to completely uninformed opinions. So long as you look at it all as opinion and not facts and do not use the information as factual but instead as a place to start your research to make up your own opinion.
    Be very skeptical of people giving answers that claim to be Doctors and experts - real experts and professionals would be very unlikely to have time to spend on such places, and reluctant to offer opinions based on a question or situation outlined in a couple three sentences. So long as you keep healthy skepticism and it is the start of your search for information and not the end it may be helpful.

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Yeah, like NYJ says... it's more of "opinions" than answers. There is no expertise, authority, or fact based truth to most of them as they just come from random people on the Internet. Then again, if it is on the Internet it has to be true, right? :)

4. emily83

okay then... thanks for your responses.

i didon't know it was like that. okay

5. emily83

may still have a look at it... who knows. sometimes it's good to get other perspectives

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

sometimes i just type things into google in the form of a question to see if the answer to the question has been given at some point somewhere on the internet. :)

7. krazor

krazor Active Member

As the above have mentioned it should really be called yahoo opinions.
    The main problem being you can get a thousand answers from a simple question 999 of them being incorrect. It all really depends on the question though. Ask how to fit an engine in a car and a few mechanics can give you pointers but ask a question on life and there is usually more bad advice and wrong answers from trolls than there is good useful info and even then the somewhat useful answers can leave even more questions to ask.

My advice use it sparingly and dont take it seriously if the question you need an answer for is specific then hunt down a forum in google where there are people with genuine experience of what you need help with or need to know and ask them. :)

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

There seems to be a lot of trolls on there...I was a member for a while and it's mostly just peoples opinions...it's a place to go to have fun and that's about it. I would go there to meet people and have fun but I think it's not a good place for serious questions or answers.

9. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

As most people have already mentioned, it depends on the question you are asking and what you want out of it - advice, opinions, facts, etc. Really it's become a sort of forum where the question asked is really just the opinion of the asker.

There are a lot of trolls on there, too. I am actually one of them lol. I get bored sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.