yay for going blind

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Pad, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I have an appointment with an optometrist on friday to find out why im seeing
    lights, flashes and things but for a reason I can't figure out, I am looking
    forward to the bad news.

If the doctor just says 'oh, its nothing. It will go away soon enough' I will feel disappointed. Why?

Even I can see this is not logical. Do I want to be blind? It would pretty much
    elliminate anything from my life that I currently enjoy. It would place mine and
    my gf's relationship under a huge amount of strain and I would find it extremely
    hard to do the most basic tasks. Yet, I look forward to this. Is it the challenge?
    I don't know. Maybe I just enjoy being self-destructive. I don't understand the
    way I think at all sometimes.
  2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey. how did the appointment go?
    keep us posted. sorry i didnt' see this earlier (((that was NOT a pun))) hugs xx
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Pad,
    I don't see lights and flashes, but I do see shadows out of the corners of my eyes, and wisps of smoke race across in front of me. I have seen a nuerologist and he ran tests and says he doesn't know why so I should see an eye doctor. So I had an eye appointment and found I needed glasses but that doctor told me the same thing that it's not my eyes. So I asked my regular doctor and he has no clue either. I have given up trying to find an answer so I just put up with them.
    My shrink thought I might be skyzzo so he put me on this one med for skyzzophrenia (spelling) and it made me hallucenate. I was seeing all kinds of shit. Now if I was younger I might have said cool but now that i'm older it just freaked me out and I quit taking them.. I hope you find an answer, let me know if you do...Take care!!
  4. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I went to the optometrist and she couldn't see anything wrong with my eyes.
    I still see the flashes though and I used to see people in my flat, although
    that has stopped. I think they were shadow people from what I have looked up.
    No idea what these flashes are though, it's just weird. And i don't want to go
    blind, no idea what i was thinking when i made this thread =/
  5. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I had my second checkup at the eye clinic today and they said they are writing a letter to my gp to get me booked in for a neurology scan. This has got me a little worried
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Anything new?
  7. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

i just have to wait in-line, apparently theres a waiting list and they can't say
    how long. Gotta love the NHS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.