yeah weight loss

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by blackfire, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

i know it is uncommon for guys to worry about weight. i have gained 15 pounds in less than a month. I am just going to stop eating and see if i can lose some weight.

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

hun thats not a good ideai, maybe try to drink less soda or alcho and drink water and work out and try to eat healthy hun. but please dont stop eating its not good for you or your body i'm here if you wanna talk hun :hug:

3. So, you think not eating will lose the weight?

Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

But are you prepared for the effects of not eating?

''Skin and hair: The hair on the head can become thin and fall out, but there can be an increase in body hair, which is of a very fine soft quality, like the hair growing on a developing baby. The skin can be dry and hands and feet cold and blue from poor circulation.

Heart and blood vessels: The blood pressure can drop due to inadequate body fluid levels, causing episodes of fainting, feeling dizzy and palpitations. Some of these symptoms are secondary to anaemia and a low blood sugar.

Heart muscle can waste away and heart failure can develop.

Metabolic: Low blood sugar from inadequate food intake and high cholesterol levels can be found. The liver does not function well. The body temperature drops and coldness can be felt all the time because there is so little subcutaneous fat.

Nutrition: The levels of vitamins and minerals can drop, causing low levels of potassium, sodium, magnesium, zinc and calcium. This can lead to abnormal heart rhythms and be very dangerous. Low protein levels can lead to swollen ankles.

Muscles and bones: Muscle weakness and wasting, particularly in the upper arm and leg muscles can occur. Bone protein loss and calcium deficiency can lead to osteoporosis and increased risk of fractures.

Brain power: Concentration is poor and there is difficulty in undertaking complex thought. Frequently depressed and low mood being a common finding in starvation. Epileptic fits can occur with low calcium levels.

Kidneys: Kidney stones can occur and getting up to pass urine at night is common.

Gastro-intestinal system: Emptying of the stomach slows down and constipation is common. ''

Just a few FACTS about not eating/starving yourself.

Do you really want this to happen to you? All to lose a bit of weight?

The body is not built to be starved. It is like a car, it needs fuel to keep driving.

Find a better way to do this.
    Or if you really want a life full of medical problems due to this, then go for it.

But I highly doubt that's what you want.

Once you do this, no turning back. You may first do it to lose weight, but then it'll eat you up and you'll be trapped. You could die just by doing this. Don't risk your health over a little bit of weight. Don't risk your life over a little bit of weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.