Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Anju, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I've been self harming on off for about 4 years now. It hasn't really bothered me up until now but some people have made me think about it...I really don't like what I'm doing to myself. Sure it gives relief, but it's only temporary. Yes it's possible to stop doing it but only for a short time. Will this ever end? I don't want to do this forever yet I don't want to stop. It's the only thing that helps I guess, but it's not healthy. It's so confusing >_< everytime I try to seek help from someone they get angry or awkward about it which makes me feel worse. It's like a cycle or something. I just wanna know does anyone else feel this way? It's horrible, it makes me feel so alone. I don't want to cut myself someday and never wake up. It scares me. Is there any other way to end this? Please help, I'm not very good at talking about this sort of thing but I have to try :sad:
  2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Well done for trying...would it help you to PM me. I have been self harming for 6years and received therapy for it, although I stil do it. I am here if you want to talk

take care

3. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

I have felt just as you do. I also have self harmed for years on and off and I know that when I open up to other people I get the feeling they are freaked out or get mad at me. Please feel free to PM anytime and know that I understand completely!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.