• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

yearning

this is going to be so dumb and embarrassing and tbh my pride hurts just writing this while crying but honestly, i really wish i could have love. ya know like romantic kinda love. im 24 and my friends and cousins have talk of marriage or have someone already or are married and have given birth. i know its dumb ok and i know that its not worth getting upset about but i cant help wanting. i just wanted to know what it feels like to be wanted and want someone in return...god its just ridiculous haha...and i cant pursue cuz its not proper in my culture nor can i tell anyone cuz theyll just say itll happen when it happens. i dunno i just feel like half a person and like ive misplaced my other half and i cant find it anymore .

sorry if this was dumb but i just had to get off my chest. thank you.

this is going to be so dumb and embarrassing and tbh my pride hurts just writing this while crying but honestly, i really wish i could have love. ya know like romantic kinda love
Hey, there's nothing dumb about that. A lot of people feel the same way.
i cant pursue cuz its not proper in my culture
Even in cultures where it's not considered proper for women to pursue, there are ways to do that, but do it discretely. If you can say more about your culture, maybe there's some advice about that that you could get here.

You can probably do some things that are flirtatious without directly pursuing someone.

Hugs

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
this is going to be so dumb and embarrassing and tbh my pride hurts just writing this while crying but honestly, i really wish i could have love. ya know like romantic kinda love. im 24 and my friends and cousins have talk of marriage or have someone already or are married and have given birth. i know its dumb ok and i know that its not worth getting upset about but i cant help wanting. i just wanted to know what it feels like to be wanted and want someone in return...god its just ridiculous haha...and i cant pursue cuz its not proper in my culture nor can i tell anyone cuz theyll just say itll happen when it happens. i dunno i just feel like half a person and like ive misplaced my other half and i cant find it anymore .

Me too, I've never experienced a single romance, even in high school nor college. I guess in my case, I don't want to invite another person into my life while it's still a mess. Maybe there will be someone who loves such a mess in me? I doubt that. I've heard a lot that when you know how to love yourself, you will be able to love others.

For now, sooner or later, you may want to spend times on understanding yourself more. Remember that romantic love may not be so far away from your reach as long as you have sound standards.

PS: There are always proper methods of pursuing someone romantically, even for women. Humans are creative in this matter, as we often have records on these methods in literature (poems, fictions, memoirs, etc.) and folklore.

I understand this so much, I’ve never let anyone into my life and I’ve always assumed no body will ever want me. I’m now at the point I don’t think I even feel love as I don’t deserve it
I didn’t have a bad upbringing at all and my parents worked hard to give us a nice childhood but deep down I’ve never felt wanted, although I have no idea why.
My friends all have partners and children and it’s what I want more than anything, I treat my friends children like my own.

I’ve never had anyone to share my troubles with which is why I think they have escalated to the point they are at, everyone always says they are here for you, but they have their own lives so I can’t be a burden

I just wish I could learn to like myself so perhaps then other people may like me :-(

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
To love and be loved is something that is built into us, it is not stupid to feel that way. It is a natural thing. As was said, there are ways to let men know you are interested discreetly. Men are normally flattered when a woman shows interest in them. There are also advantages to being single, a relationship takes a lot of work and often times there are heartaches that come with them. Your friends may not be as happy as they seem to be.

sorry if this was dumb but i just had to get off my chest. thank you.[/QUOTE said:
I know how you feel, but I promise you, it's an illusion. Annoyingly, no one else can 'make you whole', only you can. The feelings you get from being (always briefly) 'in love', start to fade almost as soon as it starts, and is quite often fuelled by lust, which also fades. Something exciting will happen soon enough, and you won't think about it anymore...or as much anyway :) Hang in there x

Auri

🎸🎼Metal Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Nothing stupid about that, the majority of people want romantic love in their lives, but not many realize how difficult it is to find and that it can happen at all ages/stages of life... but eventually people do find it. In the meantime, it's important to be surrounded by wonderful people who bring out the best in you, and to take care of yourself as much as possible. There is also nothing wrong in trying to pursue it in some way (online, on meetups, talking to people...), no matter your gender. You never know in advance the day you meet a friend. :)

I won't tell you that it's not worth it to know what it feels like but it's such a risk to take. You might get to know it someday but the chances of having your heart broken are ridiculously high too and that kind of pain gets physical sometimes.

And I'm not even talking about being cheated on and stuff, simply being torn apart from that person because of circumstances can be enough to break you into a thousand pieces. That quiet peace, innocent wondering feels like heaven compared to this.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00