• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Yep. Here I am.

Hello. I'm 47 and have been suffering from depression since I was 14. I've learned to never talk about it...to always pretend I'm fine, to give everyone else the benefit of the doubt in their dealings with 'conversations about depression'. I've talked myself out of suicide a number of times..dealt with an ex-husband who when I said "I'm suicidal", responded with "Thank God! I thought you were going to ask for a divorce" (which I actually did because of that)...and I've allowed all my friends and family to get away with blowing my feelings off...because how can I blame them? I have a hard time understanding my feelings, who am i to judge them for running away when I want to do the same?
But I'm at the end...I need to at least speak and be heard. If it's not by them, then it's by you. It sucks to be us. It sucks to be depressed and have our loved ones HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. Because at this point it really seems they don't care...when I know that they do...but good grief...it doesn't feel that way right now.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so bad and you have been depressed for so long. It can be frustrating and disappointing when it seems our loved ones don't understand what we are going through or when it seems they don't care about us. However, on this forum, you will find people who are going through/have gone through the same things as you and can help you get through it. Have you ever considered seeking therapy or medicaiton to help with your depression? I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *hug10.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so bad and you have been depressed for so long. It can be frustrating and disappointing when it seems our loved ones don't understand what we are going through or when it seems they don't care about us. However, on this forum, you will find people who are going through/have gone through the same things as you and can help you get through it. Have you ever considered seeking therapy or medication to help with your depression? I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *hug10.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're absolutely right...I have tried multiple drugs and therapy throughout the years...I wouldn't say I've tried everything, but I have tried. Usually I'm good...I've gone this long..but at this moment I am really not doing well...but thank you for the kind wishes, I really appreciate that.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi Morgan Leigh,

Welcome to SF. We're glad you're here. A lot of people come here after experiencing very long periods of depression such as yourself. No one has tried "everything" even if we're limited by countries so just trying as many things as you can over a diverse cross section of things is sometimes all we can do. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad right now. We might not be able to help a 30 year depression in any practical sense (sorry) but hanging around here does sometimes make people feel better just by being here. Maybe you'll find that to be the case as well. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Matt

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Already I've been welcomed and recognized...and it helps.
Here's another welcome @morganleigh *hug I'm glad you're here with us.

It often does feel like people irl have no idea what we're talking about and often times they don't but they still care and probably wish they could help more if they knew how to. Talking here and in the chat room could help you lots, just to know you truly don't have to put on that happy face for others and feel how you really feel could help a lot. Unfortunately in society there's a stigma against mental illness, I hope in time to come that improves, it would literally help all of us. I shall look forward to seeing you around more. You're never alone here, there is always someone to speak to here :)

Wispiwill

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You're about the same age as me and yep, I've been having 'bad days' (as I call them) since early childhood so I understand how there seems to come a point when you can't keep carrying it all by yourself. That's why I'm here. Glad you found it too.

It helps. It really does.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00