yes i'm stuck

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pppqp, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

i screw up at work on daily basis. i make at least 10 silly mistakes everyday. i've let my boss down, i know and i'm deeply sorry for that. she must have been angry for the first few weeks but my panic attacks kinda prove it all that it's not that i'm not paying enough attention but there's something wrong with me. every new thing is so difficult to make sense of. i really am a slow learner. i try hard to concentrate while engaging in a serious conversation but my mind wanders all the time and no one understands how hard it is to stay focused. so basically, to my colleagues, i've become a person who never carefully pays attention to what ppl have to say to me. i forget every freaking thing and important detail. my head is so messed up. i can't prioritize. seems like i also have ocd since a colleague of mine tells me like twice a day that i already asked this very same question at least 3 times. i'm worried about insignificant trivial things instead of looking at the big picture. i am marginalized because of my own immaturity. what else???

i desperately need a pdoc who takes me seriously. it's not just depression and anxiety. i'm thankful that i can stay sane despite all of these.

this is just a rant. it's okay if no one has nothing to say. but i can't live like this anymore. i'm having a law exam in 2 weeks so i don't have time to find any new pdoc. i'm stuck T____T
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have councillors at your school talk to them ok You need to find time to see this pdoc so you can get medication to help you focus ok
    It will help you with your exam as well take an hour go in talk your reg doc even. Reg doc can prescribe meds as well Hope you get some help soon hun
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Aww, hun. :hug: Everyone makes mistakes - every day.

In my own experience, being anxious draws so much energy and attention away from what someone is saying to me or from what I'm doing that I miss things. I find it helps to concentrate on being present instead of worrying about "what if I mess up, I make so many mistakes, they think I'm careless" and so on. I also got into the habit of writing down instructions from my boss and if I couldn't remember or was unclear about anything, I could ask.

Total Eclipse makes a good suggestion that you could use your school's counselling service. They can likely give you some tips on controlling how all this is affecting you. I hope you feel better soon.
  4. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

thank you for your kind replies guys :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.