Yes, yes, I'm just fine

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by MoAnamCara, Jul 31, 2015.

1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

So wtf am I here for tonight? Funny but odd I suppose. That's me! I'm okay really. Yet I came here tonight because I suppose perhaps I'm not really okay. Oh boy, fun with words....

It's difficult to explain... And sounds ludicrous to me, I suppose I cannot explain. There's something just not right, not clicking, I can't recognize it and I don't really know what it is.

Perhaps something triggered something, which is the most likely explanation I can think of.

Who knows. But yes, I'm fine, just needed to put words to whatever the hell it is I'm feeling!

2. temporaryradiance

temporaryradiance New Member

Toska (Russian): “No single word in English renders all the shades of toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause. At less morbid levels it is a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for, a sick pining, a vague restlessness, mental throes, yearning. In particular cases it may be the desire for somebody or something specific, nostalgia, love-sickness. At the lowest level it grades into ennui, boredom.” -Vladmir Nabokov

Sometimes we don't need to know to recognize that something isn't right. Sometimes we don't sight to recognize that there is light. Sometimes uncertainty lends darkness and sorrow. Do not wallow, you will stay alive... and things will be clearer (even brighter) 'till it be morrow.