Yet another first...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AlaskanIce, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlaskanIce

AlaskanIce Active Member

My last post, I mentioned that I had an appointment with a new therapist. It was on Tuesday, and turns out I was paired with a male psychologist. I did feel comfortable to make that elusive second appointment, so I'll be back again on Tuesday.

I'm torn on how it went. I couldn't give the reason, when asked, that I was seeking counseling. I couldn't mention my overnight stay in the ER department of the hospital. And when asked one of those 'if you were better tomorrow, what would it look like?' questions.

About the latter, I was asked to think on it and all variations. Such as, 'what do you want,' for example. But I'm finding thinking about these questions to be making me worse. What do I say? Should I give a cop out of 'I didn't think about it,' or try explaining why? Either way, I'll end up feeling worse.

Technically, the only plus was that I made a second appointment. I'm torn between quitting cold turkey and going one appointment at a time.

2. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Well done for making that second appointment AlaskanIce just take baby steps at a time :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good for you making another appt the therapist u nderstands ok and will not push you and YEs be honest with therapist how it makes you feel to think about the question that it makes you feel worse small steps at your pace hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.