Yet another newcomer

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lady Wolfshead, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi to all. My name is Jill and I suffer from depression and anxiety. I am 45 and have suffered from depression for at least 17 years and tried many meds, at least a dozen. Currently I am barely stable on a combination of an ssri plus antipsychotic. I am sick of the med-go-round and have almost lost hope that anything can be found that will truly help me. I have also tried several kinds of therapy including CBT and ACT. Currently doing CBT again.

As for my interests, I like knitting and love cats, and one of my kitties is in my lap right now.

Hope to get to know you all better soon.

OH and BTW, my avatar and my username are both from the old BBC TV show Robin of Sherwood. Lady Wolfshead is Maid Marian and means lady outlaw.

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Cooee and greetings to the family, Jill, from both myself and the little cutie-pie PPG Bubbles (who has become SF's mascot) and she loves everyone. :)

I am truly sorry that you feel the way you do, however, here on SF, I do believe that you will be able to talk with and make many wonderful friends who are like-minded and in the same position as you - SF is not just a community support Site, here, everyone, from members to the staff have their own stories to tell and things that they are dealing with,and we all are very friendly, compassionate, understanding and non-judgemental, so anything you want to talk, please never be afraid to talk about it, either on the forums in the chat itself. There is always someone in the chat, whenever you need it, so you are never alone.

Kitties are so sweet - I have four of them, myself. Sweet, that is, except for when they hover around the lounge room and plant themselves at my feet and stare at me while I am eating!

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to SF @Lady Wolfshead **hugs** if you are able to, pop in chat and say hi :)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Jill and welcome to the forum,we also have a chat room (bottom right hand side of the forum) if you want to chat in real time. You have carried on for 17 years suffering and enduring these illnesses. I hope we can aid your healing, best wishes to you Jill.

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. We are here for YOU. As the others say we are a supportive bunch. We care for others as well support each other.

6. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Hello Jill. Welcome in the forum. I met here lots of wonderful people. It is really nice supportive community.
    I hope you can find support here. All the best Jenny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.