Yet another setback

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stevs2, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevs2

stevs2 Active Member

My boyfriend of 10 years dumped me to "explore life". After I gave up a great job and moved to a new state to be with him. Now the only friend with whom I have anything in common is transferring 500 miles away at the end of March. WTF. This is ridiculous.
  2. Anni

Anni Well-Known Member

thats kinda shitty...
  3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

completely and totally sucks

sounds like you really liked you old job

even if you had to start over, wouldn't you like to get back to that?

take some time on focus on what you want for a little while

my nephew had a similar problem - he would move in with someone then a year or so later - they would break up and he would be out

finally he got sick of it and focused on getting started again in his own place and focused on finding a job he liked

he is in a much better position now with a new partner and they are each keeping their own places - maybe they'll both commit someday but everyone is content for now
  4. stevs2

stevs2 Active Member

Thanks everyone, I know I should move on and get my life restarted, but it's one thing after another. I have a new job I absolutely detest, and now they are studying a restructring to change the position from bad to worse.
  5. Wastingecho

which either means you end up like me (lost my office and now have to commute from long island, NY to jersey city, NJ) or you look for a job in a place you'll feel better in

i recommend the latter as you definitely don't want to be in my position
  6. stevs2

stevs2 Active Member

I already have a 30 minute drive which I hate. At my last job I drove 10 minutes tops. It's expensive as hell to relocate yet again.
  7. Wastingecho

just a little perspective point here

i desparately wish that i could find another job for someone with my skills and experience closer to home - but the only ones that even come close to matching are clear across the country in Oregon - they're not even really THAT close to what i need either

after the company relocated to NJ last December my commute also increased about 20 minutes

now it takes me almost 2 1/2 hours each way to get to and from work

now i try to cope with the commute with music

do you have an small MP3 player or a cell phone that can play them?

you can hook them up to the car in a couple of ways - either a cassette adpater or a small FM transmitter - that last one only really works if you have a clean unused frequency in your area

that way you can at least make sure that will have music that you enjoy around you for the drive

suggest a livlier mix in the morning and something a little more relaxing for the trip home
  8. stevs2

stevs2 Active Member

Yes, I have an iPod and an iPhone. The commute itself is a bitch, but bearable. The issue is I am drivinf someplace I don't want to go in the morning, and to someplace I don't feel I belong in the afternoon. No matter how good the music, ir has to stop sometime. The ex is on an assignemnt for 3 more months out of state, so I'm staying at what is now his house until he gets his permanent location and the house gets sold.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.