Yet Another

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to feel like I'm in a house of mirrors. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from you (now I better go have that beer before I have to write myself a note about it... come to think of it, I may have already had a beer, seriously).
Oh well, thanks for putting up with me and my little 'problem'.
"Burp".

I was just thinking: if you can laugh about the consequences here of my little problem, then I can too. It's a lot better than pity (which I don't want, needless to say). I think I had two beers. Hmmm... maybe one more will help.
BTW, are you on the west coast (Santa Cruz, California here) or just up really late?

Its ok, if you drink too many you will just end up waking up. Hmmm, interesting way of looking at passing out. If you gather your thoughts tonight post up what you were going for as it is obvious you had something to say. If you don't recall it i'd like to know of your interests, if any, in documentaries as I love them and know of many good ones as well as I am always in search of new ones. The insight they supply as well as new trains of thought that they provide are stimulating without having to read. Sometimes I am just too lazy to read...

No problem with the memory, my step-grandfather fell off of his roof in January and landed on the back of his skull, suffering from memory loss and anger issues that resemble your own is aspects so I do not judge your situation.

I'm just up really late. I live in Colorado so it is a quarter after one at the moment. I have always been a night owl as I feel more at home late at night. I like the peacefulness of the dark along with the quiet.

note to self <grin>: do not click edit, select all text, cut, write "oops" or something, go back to the main page, then this folder, then click reply, paste what I cut, and post it again unless I'm doubly sure that I was in the wrong folder in the first place. That actually did make me laugh at myself, which is a good thing (note on refrigerator: you already had three beers, stupid! just kidding, about the note anyway). I drink Keystone Ice usually, but not everyday and normally not enough to get myself plastered. About the smoking, yeah... it's a bad habit (as my daughter constantly reminds me), but I enjoy it. Good for you that you quit. Then again, it's easy to quit: heck, I've done it dozens of times <g>.
I just read that post here by 'Daze', and your response (very thoughtful) and I agree with you that he/she should stick around. The post made sense to me: I'd be glad to hear more from Daze. Daze, if you're reading this: welcome to cyber-dysfunction. Stick around, we're not snobs.
I'm going to wait, John, until I hear your response to the post that started out with talk about our ancestry (John Adams, John Quincy Adams, and Simon Lord Lovat) before I continue that conversation thread.
BTW, Denver's a great place: I lived there for about a year and a half back in '85 and '86 (one cold winter though).
Documentaries? If you haven't seen "Capitalism: A Love Story", I'd definitely recommend it. Michael Moore is something else. I watched it a couple of days ago, on DVD of course, so that I could replay what I was forgetting... it probably took me three hours to take the whole thing in. That's the good thing about my memory problem: if I repeat something, or rethink something, enough, I do remember it (sometimes I remember it the first time; it's hard to predict). Also, if something dramatic or emotional happens, it always sticks. As I said, I'm not a total amnesiac (that would be hell, I think), so I have that to be grateful for.
Sleep well now.

I just wanted to stop in and post up a message. I have a monster migraine that i'm still trying to battle out from yesterday. I would have replied then but migraines make it extremely hard to focus. If it clears up tonight I will reply to the ancestry post. Good to see you have some humor about your posting experience, you made me chuckle! Talk with you soon.

That sounds good, buddy. I was thinking by the way, rereading some of what I wrote to you, that I may be coming off as if I'm trying to analyze you in a clinical sense... as a doctor would analyze his patient, I mean. I don't think it helps that I made that unfortunate remark about turning you into a project; your response was more gracious than mine would have been, no doubt (why would you want to be anyone's 'project' unless, I suppose, for purposes of amusement?). I will analyze you only in the sense that friends analyze each other (how can we help it, especially since we're both fixers).
Also, please take your time. Say as much or as little as you wish to say, whenever you wish to say it, and I will assume for myself the same liberty.
Rule number one: there are no rules.
Deal?

~D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I haven't been on, i've been in a slump as well as more pressure due to the fact I now have 30 days to find a place and need to decide if i'm going to stay in Ft. Collins or move back to Denver. Further education may be out as well since I will now need a full time job and if I continue school I wont graduate until i'm almost 40, whats the point at that age with 70k in debt from college. Tough time and I don't think I am calm enough at this juncture to have anything valid to say other than very harsh words. I will attempt to get back with it this weekend since I do appreciate our conversations. I hope all is well with yourself at this time though, one of us needs some positive karma!

Edit: I find it interesting that the mods will say hi and welcome, so personable I almost felt welcome...almost. For such a serious forum I would think more thought and care would be imposed but welcome to the human race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00