Yo...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Name19, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name19

Name19 Member

Im not sure why Im here, I've always managed to get by somehow without anyones help but lately..

Im 19 years old, you could say my problem is the "Coming to Adulthood" issue.But thats the thing I feel so dam pathetic and weak minded most if not everyone here has more serious problems, childhood traumas, mental illness,etc.I have a great group of friends that have saved me from myself but I neglect them and dont really look for them sometimes I feel like Im wasting there time,My childhood is average just a divorce here some DV there.I smoked a bit but Im no were near an addict...

Yet I find my self lost with 0 motivation for anything , not even playing games(online mostly) or any of the thing I used to waste myself on Im also EXTREMELY emotionally shut among other things.The meaning of my life, the triviality in all things..all of this things come to mind as I wake up until I go to sleep...Honestly the ONLY reason have never considered suicide an option is because of my little brother I love him so much and yet I feel like Im letting him down by acting like a bafoon.Without him I probably woudlnt have make were I am today, truthfully I wouldn't be here if it wasen't for him...(want to get help so I can be there for him)

I can't find myself..I can't proceed foward..and I have not even had a good excuse I trully feel like Failure as a Human Being.

~They say ignorance is bliss~ I've come to envy the people that can just raise up there heads and beleive in some god and move on with there day or can motivate themselfs with just "getting laid" or making a famil.Love,Money,Family, for me this things arn't meaningful at all.

This is my first time seeking outside help,so maybe I talked to much but I dont know maybe this is were I should be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Yo. Welcome to the forums.

Don't feel weak or pathetic for seeking help. Your obviously feeling distressed so you have the right to seek out help no matter how trivial you think it is.

Enjoy your time on the forums.

3. danni

danni Chat Buddy

welcome to the forum :hug:

4. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. It doesn't matter how you found us or if you think other people have worse problems than us. The good thing is that you have found us. I hope you find the support you are looking for.

:hug:

Sam
    x

5. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hi and a warm welcome to the forum

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. It sounds like you have the symptoms associated with depression. I am glad you chose to seek help with us. You may look into assistance to help you deal with the depressive feelings though. Take care. :hug:

7. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

:welcome: to the forum here. we're glad you're here and have shared with us. that is so awesome you care so deeply for you're brother. i'm jealous he's got you. my brother was 6 yrs older than me so we were never close, and my sis who was just a year and a half younger than me passed away when we were kids. definately got something to hang on there. continue to reach out to us as it feels comfortable for ya. we'll be here. might i also encourage to maybe get in and try for some professional help. just a thought. anyways, welcome again and please take care

8. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

:welcome: You're brother's lucky to have such an amazing sibling such as yourself :hug:

Take care,

Melissa x

9. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forums. :arms:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

11. Name19

Name19 Member

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have thought of professional help, but I only feel like Im gonna be wasting money I really can't spend.In regards to my brother I've always felt I was lucky to him more so than the other way around, but Thanks for the kind words guys.

12. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support you need here :hug: take care

13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome to the site

14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am 19 as well and going through the exact same problems. I myself have wondered why I feel so shitty when I have had what most would call a decent childhood. Have had friends and such. Girlfriends. But yet I still feel suicidal. It doesn't matter what actually happened, it's all about perception. Don't feel like your problems are somehow not worth adressing because they don't relate to childhood traumas. I've heard a few other people talk about this on the site too. You're not alone.

I am working now, although 3 months before I got this job I would just sit on the computer day after day. Even now, I feel like I'm not really moving foward. I find it hard to proceed forward into this world when there is so much shit. The world is so fucked up... why would I want to add myself to this craziness. I want to subtract. Minus myself from the craziness and insanity that is this world. But since I decided I'm not going to end it, I've got to go somewhere, not really sure where that is yet.

Ignorance is bliss only works for so long. People who are ignorant cannot stay that way forever.

Again, you're not alone. Those things aren't meaningful to me either. At all. But don't believe that there is something wrong with you because of this. There is no inherit meaning to anything, only meaning we give to things. I see life as meaningless, and I don't think this is a depressing theory, because I think once we all see the pointlessness in it all together, we will be able to love each other more freely, and things might make sense in this world.
    I too have zero motivation but it's just because there's so much stupid shit in this world.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Welcome to the forum :biggrin:

Feel free to PM me anytime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.