Yoga

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightning05

I've been struggling with bad anxiety lately and feeling very demotivated. So today as the sun was going down I took a walk and came inside and did yoga and it calmed me down a lot. Last week I found a yoga video called "Yoga for Anxiety" that helped release a lot of tension. As I am struggling with this constant anxiety I am looking for little ways to help combat it. Cutting out caffeine, taking walks or going outside when I can get fresh air, and actually breathing. So now I am breathing a little more calmly than before.

JCC988

I definitely want to do Yoga again. But I don't know of a good quality studio around my area yet. Gotta be affordable too. Even so I want to do it again because it was a lot of fun.

lightning05

@JCC988 There is a site called doyogawithme.com that has free videos and that's what I use. I've actually never done a class besides a free one when I went to college lol. I'm glad you enjoy it too.

Ally S

I've been struggling with bad anxiety lately and feeling very demotivated. So today as the sun was going down I took a walk and came inside and did yoga and it calmed me down a lot. Last week I found a yoga video called "Yoga for Anxiety" that helped release a lot of tension. As I am struggling with this constant anxiety I am looking for little ways to help combat it. Cutting out caffeine, taking walks or going outside when I can get fresh air, and actually breathing. So now I am breathing a little more calmly than before.
That is awesome! I am proud of you for working at finding things to help when you feel anxious... and thank you for sharing!! I am sure it will be helpful to a lot of people to hear your positive experiences.

lightning05

Thanks @Ally S . I am learning to see these small victories as big accomplishments. It's hard fighting anxiety but I feel better having "weapons" against it. The hard part is finding something you can do on the spot in public lol

Sunday16

SF Supporter
I love DoYogaWithMe.com @JCC988 it's such a gift.
Congrats @lightning05 on finding the benefits of yoga. I hope you continue to do it and find your peace of mind. There's a guided meditation on DoYogaWithMe called Loving Kindness Metta by Peter Renner, which was my introduction to meditation. Give it a try, you may like it. Peter has a gentle and kind voice and meditation is another wonderful technique to help reduce anxiety. {{Hugs}}

lightning05

@Sunday16 thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. I have been trying some short meditations and I do like it a lot. It's really helped to calm me down. With yoga, feeling my body stretch out and relax helps my mind relax as well. I'm glad that meditation is working for you! *hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00