You again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Auerbach, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I want to cut :/

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hope you resisted

3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Why do you want to cut? What's going on right now that is triggering you?

4. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. Stay strong, it's not worth it. <3

5. Auerbach

Thanks for your concern everyone. I ended up not cutting last night, but the dark side of me visited me again last night. I had a fall out with someone. That person hurt my feelings and then I remember how much of a loser reject I am and how bad I fail in a certain aspect of my life. Those realizations make me hate myself again and want to cut myself.

Not only that but I said a lot of things out of anger, mean things, hurtful things, because I was feeling hurt, I was just trying to defend myself. Overall all bad situation.

6. scaryforest

you gonna make up with them?
    what alternatives to cutting can you think of?

7. Auerbach

Instead of cutting I just beat myself up mentally, thinking that I might as well give up on everything, why bother, why try, think about suicide, it is always one step away.

8. scaryforest

find distractions, so then consciously your mind is on the distraction not on harming self in any way. temporary tip really

9. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

There's not too many people in my life who meant something significant that I have not fallen out with... The only thing that I have learned, looking back, is that to tie my happiness to their feelings or opinions about me is meaningless. They only have that kind of power if I decide (even subconsciously) to give it to them. And I'm usually realizing, they're probably not sitting there crying in their tea over me. So why should I care? Who or what were they to me, ultimately? It's quite likely that I've built them up to be something more that they actually are in my mind. Sometimes I wonder if the saying, "Don't know what you've got till it's gone..." refers more to or is better defined by, "I want what I can't have..." For me anyway, friendships / relationships were made to be broken. I'm an extremely difficult person to get along with. I have a short temper. I like to (try to) tell the truth. Most people don't like to hear it. I am very good at saying hurtful things (I think). So go easy on yourself. And understand that you're just in the middle of a storm right now. Things will clear soon. You have permission to forgive yourself. Try not to catastrophize. I know, I'm an expert at that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.