You all are great!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Levi2251, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levi2251

Levi2251 New Member

I didn't join to stalk the forums, I have no problems I need help with anymore, and my life is taking a great turn for the better. I came to tell you, even though I didn't find this site when I did need help, you all are doing a great job. You started a forum just to help people deal with their problems. You've kept countless people from taking an unneeded course of action to resolve a problem. And not only that, but you have a large community; a support group for the entire world. This is something amazing, and I hope you all keep going.

Thought I was done? Think again! You who have just recently come here actually had the willpower to come here and talk about your problems. You have the nerve to ask for help, even when I thought help couldn't come for me! You are amazing too! You don't deserve for your life to end so soon because of a problem; especially if you think no one else will understand your problem. There are so many people who are going through the same thing that you are, and you decided to come here to get help! You know you have a chance to live, and your taking it! Keep going, and don't stop. I want to see (or at least hear of) every one of you living a full life. THAT is what you deserve. No matter what happens, no matter how hard life gets, always know there is someone out there that can help you get through it. There is always someone out there that will love you, unconditionally and completely. Never give up, and never back down.

--

I'll edit this part with my own story of how I overcame my suicidal past later. Now, I'm off to work. Peace out all!

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You are amazing too! and i admire what you said, i believe much of it is true. Its so nice of you to come here to help support others even though you dont need it yourself :) Im glad you joined and sorry u didnt find this site at your time of need but you're here now and i think thats great :) Glad you joined and i hope you enjoy your time here.

P.S. i look forward to your further posts and hearing your story of how you overcame something a lot of us are struggling with. Hope u had a nice day at work and see u around :hug:

3. Levi2251

Levi2251 New Member

Thanks. I still haven't found the edit button for the original post, so I guess I will just write it here. I would do it now, however I don't need my family finding out. Drama is one thing I keep away from. I'll try to find some time to write it later.

4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Duplicate Post

:freehug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks for that Levi

As for editing posts site allows editing up to one hour after posting then the edit tab vanishes. Some forums allow editing indefinately so there is an idea for root admin WildCherry

tc Levi

:freehug:

6. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:butterfly8:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thanks Levi, as a support forum, we really do our best. I have joined multiple support forums in the past and I'm not just saying this because I am a moderator but no where comes close to this site, the problem I find with other sites are they are too strict and you can't even mention suicide. Welcome, and wish you all the best for your future!

8. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Yes Music two forums come to mind (no names in respect to Alison) I was banned from both & I still don't know why as when I emailed asking why I recieved no reply

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

We are most probably thinking of some of the same forums. Before I join a forum, I read every rule, and some of them are just absolutely ridiculous. Regardless I did join, never got in trouble but left because suicide was not allowed to be mentioned, I think in order for someone to help someone they should be allowed to speak their minds with the limits just going to exact methods etc.. Know how you feel, and in respect to Alison, I won't mention these sites either. But anyway, SF rocks! Also, when someone gets banned here they get a reason that's well written(unless they're a troll), and an email explaining, as far as I know. So this is a much better run site than most IMO.

10. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

"I am a moderator but no where comes close to this site, the problem I find with other sites are they are too strict and you can't even mention suicide."

Mirrors the real world I guess. Lost one possible gf very fast after she asked how my mother died.

11. Levi2251

Levi2251 New Member

Sorry to hear that.

So, since I can't edit my original post, I'll just write it here.

--

Since I was young my family has pushed me to believe in Christianity (I hold no ill will to anyone who does) and though I did for a couple years, it ended up being something that was the opposite of what I was told it was. The people (that I knew, anyway) always said you had to love everyone and not judge them; however they were always complaining about someone. And I mean ALWAYS. My family came into that spotlight a few times for not going to church and, eventually, leaving that church entirely. The pastor always talked about how certain people would go to hell unless they repented of their sins and all. They stated several times while I was there that any LGBT person would go to hell whether they believed or not. And that is where it starts.

I've known for a long time now that I am Bisexual. I'm not ashamed of it (anymore); however my family, friends, and even churchgoers have always told me that being LGBT as wrong (note: I live in the bible belt, which is not a good place for LGBT people) in many ways. I've always been a great actor. No one ever knew that I was bi til a year and a half ago. I've had to live with the thoughts and ways people act and talk for years on end. No matter how many people said anything. I was terrified of anyone ever finding out. In fifth grade, there was another student who transferred to our school. He always wore skin tight jeans (black) and was very different. No one liked him, besides me. However, I avoided him, due to the fact that everyone called him gay, and basically everything else you can imagine. Not hard to believe that he transferred schools again before three days were up.

The only reason I was still alive while all of this was going on was because my family and the church had gotten me to believe suicide would send you straight to hell. However, after the recent events (listed above) I started to believe that if there was a hell, it was earth. I was literally just about to give up when (I had started due to my parents making me get out of the house every now and then) I met my (now) best friend at karate practice. She not only became my best friend, she saved me from myself, several times over. She is the most amazing person I've ever met. We share a good deal of hobbies and we both like to get out of the house to go walking, to the river, or to just hang out (or go eat). She stole my heart the minute I found out what an excessively amazing personality and intelligence she had. And to top it all off, she is beautiful and now I'm not the only one I know (personally) that is suicidal. (I won't go into her past) Without her, I would be gone several times over. Anytime I am around her, everything seems as if the world just spins for her. As if, if she ever passed away, the world would just cease to exist. I know it's not what would happen, but that is how much I've come to love her. Loyalty and love are two of the most important things to me, and she definitely gives me both, even when no one else does. If anything ever happened to her, I wouldn't be able to explain what I would do to the person who caused it. And just because I don't want to end this on a negative note, every day has been amazingly better since meeting her. I always have something to look forward to.

12. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Definately as on here I am actually on an infraction & Alison & Ben told me why

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.