You are never alone CAUTION *religious*

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by TG123, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Many of us who post on this forum and are and have been at our rope's end many times have at times felt alone and abandoned by people who we would like to call 'friends'.

Some of us have been rejected because of how we look, how we speak, how we act, how we think. Some have never 'fit in' and there never had been people who wanted to be with us. Others have been great friends with someone close, who chose to walk out and leave us. Some have been abandoned by girlfriends and boyfriends, wives and husbands. In some cases, it was just a close friend who left us. Some have had our hearts broken by those who were close to us, others have been alienated from all others for a long time already and have stopped feeling and caring.

Feeling alone is a horrible feeling. It is like being in a cave and seeing no way out. It is like feeling scared and embarassed and angry and cold, wanting to cry out but having no one to cry out to. It is like wanting to share everything but knowing no one even cares to listen.

Many people feel this way, and do not want to live anymore. They can't stand being rejected, ignored, unseen, unheard, unrecognized for being the people they are. Sometimes it feels like the world has closed it's eyes on us and there is nothing left but alienation and rejection and sadness. I have felt this way too.

Yet we are not alone. There are people out there who care. There are people who post here and listen to others and care about others. There are people here who are ready to listen and share their advice and their experiences. There are people here who care about you. You may not know them personally and they may not know you, but they care about you.

I am lucky to have found this forum and I can testify that they have not turned their backs on me. I am grateful and thankful to them for this and always will be.

I am not alone. Neither are you, even if we both feel this way sometimes.

There is Someone else who cares about us. Unlike many good people on SF who care about us and support us and are there for us although they may not know us, He knows everything about us. He loves us and created us in His image. He is God.

He loves us so much that He sent Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross. In Christ, God took on human form and came down to earth to live among us. He walked among us. He fed the hungry, He healed the sick, He brought hope to the suffering and salvation to those who followed Him. He allowed Himself to be arrested and whipped and crucified for our sake. He promised that those who put their faith in Him will be rewarded with everlasting life after death, a life full of only joy and hope. A life without loneliness. A life without suffering.

I have turned to Him after a time in my life when I felt no one was there for me. After accepting Him, I have had times of sorrow and times of joy. Times when I felt I had a lot of friends and things were going great, and times when I felt alone and rejected by people I was close to. But I know that no matter what happens, I am never alone. Some people are good friends, others want nothing to do with me. But even if everyone abandoned me, it wouldn't matter. I have put my faith in Jesus, and I know that He will never leave me.

God loves you and He will never abandon you or desert you. Jeus wants you to accept Him as your Saviour and Lord. He will never EVER turn His back on you and during the best of times and the worst of times He will always be there for you. And He promises you everlasting life and happiness with Him when you die.

Jesus is the best friend anyone of us could ever hope for. Turn to Him, and you will never truly be alone again. I know I'm not.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I so desperately wish I could believe you. But lately I feel like God's orphan, one of His mistakes, one of His abandoned kids. I belong to a church with which I feel comfortable and accepted, but lately I'm not going cause I feel so horrible I don't want to be around people who feel loved and happy. So I stay home and bawl like a stupid baby.

I so wish I could believe you, that He cares about me, my worthless self.

least least least of all
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Least :sad: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
  4. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Dear leastofthese,

I know how you feel. I often have a hard time accepting that God loves me. I don't feel worthy or deserving of it, and I don't think I am.

But the truth- regardless of how much we may want to believe it isn't like that- is that God loves us nonetheless. Leastofthese, if God didn't love you, why would He die on the cross for you? He does love you and He did that for you- because you are WORTH IT! You are precious and loved in His eyes, even if you do not see yourself or want to be seen by yourself or others this way.

Can I ask why you don't think that God wants you or loves you?

You do not have to believe what I say or take it from me, but just look at what the Bible has to tell us about God.
    He created us all in His image Genesis 1

Jesus died for us all on the cross so that ALL who come to believe in Him may be saved. Dear leastofthese, that includes everyone of us. I have done many wrong things in my life and I have often let God and others down and I do not deserve His grace, but still HE offers it to us!

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

No matter what you may have done, God wants you to come to Him! If you feel sorry about having done something that was wrong (I have at times in my life) then ask Him for forgiveness and He will forgive you. He will only rejoice over you coming to Him, He will not cast you away:
    Luke 15:4-7 (King James Version)
    King James Version (KJV)
    4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
    5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
    6And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
    7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Don't believe me if you can't. But please believe Him. He tells you that He loves you and that you are worthy to follow Him and serve Him. He wants you to find peace and comfort in Him. He is never wrong.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz
  5. bombeni

bombeni Guest

TG - Thank you for posting this thread; you said it so eloquently. I seem to find a deaf ear anytime I witness for Christ so I have pretty much resolved not to do so anymore. I got to thinking, the whole world is evangelized now, meaning the whole world has heard The Gospel of Jesus, and it's not our place to try to convince people of the truth it holds. Because I don't think we can. Which brings me to an aspect I don't understand: I think I must have been born knowing the truth. But why are there so many who DON'T know the truth? And you know the Bible says something about the fact that God chose us before the foundation of the world, so--------why is it some of us just know the truth innately, and others are perplexed by the fact we could believe such things? And, what do you think the Bible means when it says "we were chosen by God"? Why wasn't everyone "chosen"? Well maybe I should of sent this to you in a PM rather than the forum but oh well. Look forward to your reply....
  6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Big hugs Least :hug: :)
  7. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

Good post. We all have different ways of dealing with life. I find that bringing up religion often makes convo's tense. But for those of us that do have that faith it is a part of who we are thus if you want to know me, that is part of it. I do understand why many on this site do not believe as they have not had good lives so its a natural response. I certainly am not going to bible thump anyone and saying that, those that do not believe should not attack as while. Basic consideration for each other makes for better conversations and posts.

Whatever keeps you alive from day to day is a good thing. Don't judge.
  8. bombeni

bombeni Guest

Reborn you said it well. Many of the wonderful people on this site have allowed me to tell them of my spiritual beliefs w/o chastising me for it. And you are right, if a person truly wants to know about ME, then they need to know the thing of most vital importance to me which is my relationship with Jesus Christ. Once I have told someone how I believe, I don't continue to preach about it to them, at least I don't think I do. The thing about it that hurts me a little is that many people consider those of us who profess a belief in Jesus Christ as being judgemental and self-righteous; which is not the case at all. I don't consider myself anymore worthy than anyone. The only reason I tell them is that my conviction urges me to share The Good News with those I care for, and to try to live up to the commandment Jesus gave us to love each other. How can I love someone without telling them what I know and believe to be the path to everlasting life? I can't face the scenario of one day--when we all stand before God--someone says to me "Bombeni, you knew, but never told me. Why?" So fellow members please understand it was/is with love that I share my beliefs.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  9. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hey Bombeni,

Sorry for not replying until now. Thanks for your encouragement and kind words.

I think that as Christians we should always be living out our faith, and that includes sharing it with other people. Jesus not only died on the cross for me, but in my life gave me hope and stood by me and stands by me when things get rough and pulled me back from suicide more than once. I am not trying to force religion on anyone, I am sharing what He has done for me and telling others what He can do for them. Jesus reached out to the suffering and the sick and the hungry, and so did His apostles. They did not stop preaching and living out their faith even when people heard it already and didn't want to hear anymore. Paul heard the message and initially responded by persecuting Christians and watching as Stephen was executed by stoning. He heard the Gospel and wanted no part of it. God didn't give up on him- we all know what happened on the way to Tarsus and how Paul turned from pharisee to a great church leader and martyr for Jesus.

Some people I've talked to on the forum don't want to hear about God, others have said it was helpful to them and wanted to hear more. Regardless if someone wants or doesn't want to hear about Jesus, I will still love them and pray for them and continue to serve God to the best of my abilities.

I'm glad to hear you were always a faithful Christian, I confess that I wasn't. I found Jesus and truly put my faith in Him when I was finishing high school. I was born in a Christian family but for 17 years of my life I was very far from being a follower of Jesus. If you are interested in reading my faith testimony, please feel free to email me at . I would post it here but it is more than 7 pages long so I'd prefer to send it by Microsoft Word.

I haven't really thought of what the Scriptures mean when it says we were 'chosen by God'. I should, though. I should look into it and pray about it and ask other brothers and sisters in the faith. What do you think it means?

Glad to hear from you, bombeni and sorry again for not replying until now, things have been a bit busy.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz
  10. bombeni

bombeni Guest

Funny you should ask! LOL The other day I really was searching for an answer to this so I emailed "gotquestions" -- a place where Biblical scholars try to answer any questions we have. I am copying the response here:

Question: I have been attempting to witness to a few people I am meeting on the internet. Anyway, there is an aspect I don't quite understand. I have heard that "we" were chosen by God before the foundation of the world. What does this mean? Why is it only certain people were "chosen" and God knew before we are ever born whether we would belong to Him? It breaks my heart that people I care for reject God, and just don't have that innate knowledge that God is everything He said He is, that He sent His only Son to die for our sins. Why didn't God choose ALL of us?

Answered by: Shane

Answer: It is impossible for us to fully understand the relationship between God’s sovereignty and man’s free will. Only God truly knows how those two work together.

Scripture is clear that God knows who will be saved (Romans 8:29; 1 Peter 1:2). Ephesians 1:4 tells us that God chose us “before the foundation of the world.” The Bible repeatedly describes believers as the “chosen” (Romans 8:33; 11:5; Ephesians 1:11; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:2; 2:9) and the “elect” (Matthew 24:22, 31; Mark 13:20, 27; Romans 11:7; 1 Timothy 5:21; 2 Timothy 2:10; Titus 1:1; 1 Peter 1:1). The fact that believers are predestined (Romans 8:29-30; Ephesians 1:5, 11) and elected (Romans 9:11; 11:28; 2 Peter 1:10) for salvation is plainly clear.

The Bible also says that we have the free will choice – all we have to do is believe in Jesus Christ and we will be saved (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10). God knows who will be saved, God chooses who will be saved, and we must choose Christ in order to be saved. How these three facts work together is impossible for a finite mind to comprehend (Romans 11:33-36). Our responsibility is to take the Gospel to the whole world (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8). We should leave the foreknowledge, election, and predestination part up to God and simply be obedient in sharing the Gospel.
    Recommended Resource: Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J.I. Packer.
    If you need more help on this issue or need clarification, please reply to this email and/or submit another question at our site: You can also look through our Frequently Asked Questions Archives at - or search our site at -

Thank you and God bless!

The Staff at
    --------------- seeks to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by providing Biblical answers to spiritually-related questions. To continue in this mission, we need your support! For more information, please visit
    Got Eternal Life? If not or if you're not sure, visit:
  11. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Talk about awesome! Thanks bombeni! God bless you for looking this up and sharing your answer, and Shane for his reply!
    I think that in addition to sharing the Gospel verbally, Christians also need to do more living it out. I am included here. I think we should be more involved in helping the poor, volunteering in the inner city, loving and caring for people around us, advocating for social justice and against war and standing up for what is right. This is all advocated by Jesus in the Beatitudes and Matt 25:31-39. Many of our brothers and sisters do that already, but many do not. I don't do it as often as I should. I think that if we back up our words with actions we will be better witnesses.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz
  12. Raven

Raven Guest

Long ago when I was a child I remember being a devout Christian, I always thought God could fix all of my problems. As the years whore on and I grew up my worst fear was that I would live forever, I always remember the preacher reading out of the bible and the promise of eternal and everlasting life that God would give to his followers and how afraid I was that this would happen. Still my faith was strong, I would refuse to learn about religion in school why when God was surely the one that created the universe. But still my fear remained; I worked it over in my head again and again. What if God simply would take it away, a good option but without my fears and my hopes wouldn’t I be less of a person? As the years wore on my faith slowly faded away, I always felt so disconnected by the world and the people in it, I could never relate to them and always felt like an outsider. Slowly I questioned why I believed in the Christian God, the more I looked the more I realized I had never truly questioned my belief, I had just always believed. It was when my faith in God was gone that I found that I could truly look at the universe and wonder at the marvels of life, it was then that I saw the world that was before me, the one that was dieing because of the greed and destruction of mankind. The more I saw the more I was convinced that eternal life with the humans of this would where all my dreams would become true with the snap of a finger was no place for me. That is when my faith in God was fully shattered, many people have tried to convert me back, they tell me that God is out their waiting with open arms, while he may be he is a God of a world I wish not to belong in. Heaven is a place that would be hell to me, and while I have meet some good friends on this world their life, hopes, dreams are something I could never share.

My point is simple, the christen God is the idea of eternal happiness for those who believe and eternal damnation for those who do not. For some this world and the people in it are not where we belong, if nothing else exists in the universe I wish and truly hope to embrace the nothings of death. I do not wish to belong to this world, and even if God could make heaven bliss then the true me would be destroyed.

~ Raven
  13. bombeni

bombeni Guest

Reply to Raven

King James Bible: II Peter, Chapter 3

Chapter 3

3:1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
    3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
    3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
    3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
    3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
    3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
    3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
    3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
    3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
    3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
    3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
    3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
    3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
  14. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

And in consequence who will also be damned, to follow this to its logical conclusion. And that God knew this before the world was created.

The Bible also has several instances where free will choice is specifically overriden by God to achieve some dubious goal or other.

After all, if Pharoah wasn't "made obstinate" God couldn't get his jollies slaughterint the first born.

Joshua 11

And in this case, the Canaanites might actually try to stop their genocide by the Israelites by either surrendering or maybe fleeing. Can't have that, God said to kill 'em all, so they all had to die.

Doubtless I could find others if I took the time to look.
  15. worlds edge

Oh, and in all honesty this flat-out bothers me. I'd like to think we're here to offer one another nonjudgmental support, not to convert others to any particular world-view. Could you please explain exactly what you mean when you say you're here at this site "attempting to witness?"

16. bombeni

bombeni Guest

Sure, I'll try. Actually the answer is in my above post. I have come to realize that certain people will NEVER be saved, it is written. God knew our hearts--our hearts of free will--before we were ever concieved so He knew which of us would be His and which wouldn't. Just as Jesus said "My sheep hear My voice..." -- I am not trying to convert you or anyone else on this forum. I understand now that the biblical requirement is that the Gospel of Jesus be preached throughout the world. I am sure every person who ever visits this site already knows about Jesus. If they choose to reject Him more power to them. I haven't been here very long. I thought, for a short while, that a reminder that Jesus can bring a peace that "surpasses all understanding" might just possibly help a few people here. But I have been here long enough to realize that many of the people here are so steeped in their "problems" and so hooked on getting pity from the people who spend time here, that they wouldn't dream of giving that up. I've searched thru some of the longtime members posts and realized that they have taken a HUGE turn for the worse, for being at this forum. The cold hard truth is that Jesus is the only way to salvation, and when you know that you can face most anything. Guess I'm a sheep and you're not. Don't worry though I won't be clogging your PM box with sermons. I have prayed that God would open your heart to the truth though, and that's all I can do.
    Oh one other thing, there are certain posters here whose posts bore the heck out of me, so I make a conscious choice not to even bother reading their posts. You sir, have the very same privelege concerning my posts from this moment forward.
  17. worlds edge

No, it isn't. You specifically said you were witnessing on the internet and were asking advice about how free will can coincide with a deity that has perfect knowledge of all past, present and future events. To which you received a laughably bad answer, but that is neither here nor there.

Okay, and so what? Your personal beliefs are your own. I didn't ask about this. In sum, it is irrelevant, at least to my question.

So "witnessing" means something other than "seeking converts to what I believe?"

You've been here longer than I have.

And for all I know it may. If Jesus is your thing, Jesus is your thing. Is this "witnessing?" What I objected to

Did I ask about any of this? Hint: Nope, I didn't. Though it now occurs me to ask you why if this place is so toxic what it is you're doing here.

You're correct, I'm not a sheep. I'm a human. Do you have a special keyboard to help you type, having hooves and all that? :rolleyes:

Thanks, especially since I'm under the impression such conduct would be harassment under the ToS here.

I'd settle for an exact definition of what you mean by witnessing, thanks. Which for some odd reason hasn't appeared anywhere in this post.

Your choice.

I read this as a rather convoluted way of you saying you're not going to tell the board what you mean by your witnessing here. Why all the misdirection and subterfuge?

Why not just say that "witnessing" involves X,Y and Z and as such is clearly perfectly fine under the Terms of Service here at SF. To which I would cheerfully reply, "Oh, okay, thanks for clearing up my confusion."
  18. bombeni

bombeni Guest

I detect a very strong demonic force around you, even so I will attempt to make my answer clearer since more than likely you are a stoner and can't grasp things too quickly.

In my answer to you I said "I thought that bringing a reminder that Jesus can bring a peace that "surpasses all understanding" might be helpful. THAT IS WHAT I MEANT BY WITNESSING. What part of that is so difficult for you to understand? I also pointed out that I came to learn that the majority of people at this site don't really want to find a way to get out from under their "problems" -- they are enjoying the drama and the pity far too much. As I said, strong demonic force here (oh I'm sure you'll consider that a compliment) so this conversation is over. I have a feeling I'm talking to the walking dead. When/if you are ever free of drugs for a few hours come back and read this thread to see what an ass you made of yourself.
  19. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

bombeni if you do not stop insulting the members of this forum you will soon find yourself under moderation
  20. worlds edge

Is this some kind of joke? :blink: FTR, as best I can tell there're no demons,
    angels or the ghost of Frodo Baggins around me.

I was never much of a drug user and haven't touched anything beyond an occasional mug of beer in years.

Except that you didn't say this. And, quite frankly, you seem a little low on any sort of peace, never mind the kind that "surpasses all understanding." Perhaps you should "witness" to yourself before doing it to others?

Oh, I understood you the first time. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Silly me.

No, I don't.

Whoa. In sum:
    (1) I am not a demon. I do not play one on TV. I have none around me or nearby me.
    (2) I do not use drugs.
    (3) If anyone has embarassed themselves in this thread, it is not me.
    (4) You really think you're going to bring people around to your way of thinking like this? Personally I'd think it would tend to drive them away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.