You are never alone CAUTION *religious*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike25

Hey TG123, very well said in your post.

'Craziness of the Gospel' - what a catch phrase!

There are so many people in this forum with questions about God, the Bible, Jesus Christ. Several of them have discarded the faith after bad experiences in Church. Unfortunately there are many false teachers out there. I pray that they may all come in to contact with true Christianity; a message of love in its highest form.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
A very fundamentalist preacher I once met was stunned and unhappy when I told him I believed in evolution. I said, "how do you know that evolution isn't the work of God?? How do you know 'how' He created the universe??" Evolution is fascinating to me, and since it would probably be very difficult (gross understatement) to create such diverse life forms out of little ol' amino acids (not to mention the stars and planets) it appears to me that the fight over evolution vs creationism is a big shouting match, a tempest in a teapot.

For those who quote the Bible and the "seven days" thing - how do you know how long one of God's days is?? And for those who interpret the Bible quite literally... God made us "in His image", and certainly not "in His intellect". The story was told to mankind, and we are notorious for misunderstanding or misinterpreting what we hear. Only a Supreme Being could have made The Big Bang, saw how cool it was, and said; "I think I'll put living things on those rocks out there..." ...and it was good...:smile:

One of my favorite quotes is "God is a comedian playing to an audience who is afraid to laugh." (can't remember who said it)

just my opinion...

least

Last edited by a moderator:

TG123

Hey TG123, very well said in your post.

'Craziness of the Gospel' - what a catch phrase!

There are so many people in this forum with questions about God, the Bible, Jesus Christ. Several of them have discarded the faith after bad experiences in Church. Unfortunately there are many false teachers out there. I pray that they may all come in to contact with true Christianity; a message of love in its highest form.
Thanks for the encouragement, bro. And I definitely agree with you, many people have twisted the teachings of Jesus and the false teachers and hypocrites have hurt many people. We need to be loving and present the Gospel in its Truth.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

TG123

A very fundamentalist preacher I once met was stunned and unhappy when I told him I believed in evolution. I said, "how do you know that evolution isn't the work of God?? How do you know 'how' He created the universe??" Evolution is fascinating to me, and since it would probably be very difficult (gross understatement) to create such diverse life forms out of little ol' amino acids (not to mention the stars and planets) it appears to me that the fight over evolution vs creationism is a big shouting match, a tempest in a teapot.

For those who quote the Bible and the "seven days" thing - how do you know how long one of God's days is?? And for those who interpret the Bible quite literally... God made us "in His image", and certainly not "in His intellect". The story was told to mankind, and we are notorious for misunderstanding or misinterpreting what we hear. Only a Supreme Being could have made The Big Bang, saw how cool it was, and said; "I think I'll put living things on those rocks out there..." ...and it was good...:smile:

One of my favorite quotes is "God is a comedian playing to an audience who is afraid to laugh." (can't remember who said it)

just my opinion...

least
Hey leastofthese,

You make some interesting points. I know there are some people who argue that the seven 'days' in the Bible could have been a reference to a longer period of time. I personally believe that it was literally seven days, I know that others believe different. I don't think that in the grand scheme of things it is that important.

If we put our faith in Jesus and decide to follow Him, we will be saved from pain and suffering forever, even if in this life we go through a lot, He guarantees us an eternity of joy. And I am finding that God is with me in my hardest moments and helping me get through the tough times, even here. If it wasn't for Him, I wouldn't be alive today.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

TG123

I envy you your strong faith...
Thank you, but it's thanks to God not me. Things aren't perfect in my life, but He helps me get through. Whatever good I may do or say is only thanks to Him. He showed me mercy and love, and helped me grow.

I appreciate how you always help others out and have a kind word for others and encourage them and hold them up. Many people, including myself, do not do enough of that for others. I have a problem with often putting my worries and problems ahead of those that others are facing.

He loves you as well, and He is always open to you if you decide to turn to Him. He does not turn anyone away. He accepted me, and I have done far less for anyone than you have and am much less deserving. No one loves us as much as Jesus does, and I believe that only He can give us hope and everlasting life.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

Bob26003

Hey my Post earlier was a little harsh. I have no problems with Christians. I am one. But I do have a problem with the fundamentalists whackos, the same people who tell me I am not a Christian because I understand that man and dinosaurs did not live together. The same ones who think that we must initiate the clash of civilizations and WW3 to bring back Jesus. These people are just plain crazy. And if that means I have to stay away from Church and the Religion to keep away from these people. I will. It is not worth it. Too many psychos. I wish I could get involved in it again. But there is just no way. Sad I know.

But I think you all know what I am talking about. :wink:

TG123

Hey my Post earlier was a little harsh. I have no problems with Christians. I am one. But I do have a problem with the fundamentalists whackos, the same people who tell me I am not a Christian because I understand that man and dinosaurs did not live together. The same ones who think that we must initiate the clash of civilizations and WW3 to bring back Jesus. These people are just plain crazy. And if that means I have to stay away from Church and the Religion to keep away from these people. I will. It is not worth it. Too many psychos. I wish I could get involved in it again. But there is just no way. Sad I know.

But I think you all know what I am talking about. :wink:
Hey Bob26003,

I know that there are some people who give us a bad name. I personally do not know of any people like that who post here. I'm glad to hear that you believe in Jesus and have accepted Him as your Lord and Saviour.

With the 'man living with dinosaurs' thing, I think it is possible but I also wouldn't condemn you for not believing it. Once again, I know there are Christians who interpret Genesis to mean that it did not take literally seven days, but a longer time. I personally do not see any evidence in the Bible to suggest that when it is said that God created the world in 7 days, it meant anything but that. I do believe that God created everything in 7 days, literally. I do not believe that Christians should be condemning each other or others for that, and I do not believe that accepting either theory has much impact on whether one is a Christian or not.

I believe that all war and violence is wrong, as Christ Himself said in the Gospels. I do not believe that a person who truly believes in Christ and follows Him can take pleasure in war or wage it against anyone. I believe that following Jesus means not only not waging war, but also working for peace and standing up for the victims of oppression and injustice, and proclaiming the Gospel in our words and deeds to expose others to the Kingdom of God. And if we are hated or persecuted because of it, we are called to turn the other cheek, to pray for our enemies, to continue serving God but not fight those who are out to hurt us. It can be dangerous, Jesus did not lightly say that those who follow Him should be prepared for persecution, even death. In the West, most of us have no idea what persecution or true oppression really is. But look at El Salvador or South Africa or the Phillipines or Sudan or other parts of the world where so many of our brothers and sisters in Christ laid down their lives for Him and continue to do so.

Also, with regards to the 'clash of civilizations', I do not see the conflict between the West and many in the Muslim world as a clash between 'Christianity and Islam'. I can't speak for Muslims, but I know Christians wouldn't drop bombs on others or invade others' countries or torture people or condemn some people for terrorism while hypocritically doing the same thing themselves. I do not believe that our leaders and others waging this 'war on terror' are Christians. I do not hate them, but I hate what they do. I think that their hands are just as bloody if not more than the hands of Osama bin Laden. I believe that both are serving Satan, not God.
I also believe that like all of us they are sinners and while we should speak out against their crimes and do what we can to help the victims on both sides and work for peace, we should not condemn them. Jesus died for George Bush and Osama bin Laden, and if they choose to reject their ways and repent and believe in Him and try to follow Him, they too will enter Heaven. God loves them too. I think we need to pray for them too.

Not that anyone asked me, but if I were to say what I think a Christian is, I would say someone who:
1) believes in God, and that Jesus is His Son, that they are one.
2) has accepted Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Saviour
3) believes that Jesus died for all of us, and that by putting his/her faith in Him s/he is saved.
4) believes what the Gospels say about Him
5) Wants to follow Jesus' teachings- so tries not to sin, tries to love everyone around him/her regardless of how they are treated by that person, cares about those who are suffering around him/her and tries to help, believes in being a peacemaker, does not condemn others, forgives others, tries to live out the Gospel and be a witness of Him to others, many more things that are written in the Bible...
6) Realizes that s/he is not perfect and asks God for forgiveness when s/he messes up.

When you say you want to stay away from 'Church', can I ask you what churches you went to? I know that some are filled with people who do support war and are condemning of others, but there are many who don't. Maybe you should check some others out. Have you tried going to a Mennonite church?

I'm not saying that if you don't go to church that makes you a non-Christian. But it definitely helps us in our walk with God. I'm currently looking for a church as well, and sometimes it can take a while before we find one to which God is calling us. It's helpful to be an environmnet sorrounded by brothers and sisters in Christ who also put their faith in Him and are willing to live it out. It helps keep our minds on Jesus and living a life for Him. At least it has definitely helped me.

I'll pray for you, Bob26003. It's been good hearing from you!

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

mike25

^^^ :agreed:

I agree with everything TG123 wrote in his last post. I was blown away - I literally can't think of anything to add at the moment.

Super effort. :thumbup:

God Bless

He loves us so much that He sent Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross. In Christ, God took on human form and came down to earth to live among us. He walked among us. He fed the hungry, He healed the sick, He brought hope to the suffering and salvation to those who followed Him. He allowed Himself to be arrested and whipped and crucified for our sake. He promised that those who put their faith in Him will be rewarded with everlasting life after death, a life full of only joy and hope. A life without loneliness. A life without suffering.
Ok, if god loves us, then why did he send one of us to die. And its not God that took the punishment it was Jesus, so in reality, he just made some dude suffer, and tried to justify himself by saying all sins are forgiven.

And on this note, that makes me wonder, if there is a all powerful good (God) Then wouldn't there be an all powerful evil? I mean, something corrputed the angel Lucifer to betray god himself, but without another evil presance, he couldn't have, so there is perhaps another suprime evil reigning below even lucifer himself?

TG123

Ok, if god loves us, then why did he send one of us to die. And its not God that took the punishment it was Jesus, so in reality, he just made some dude suffer, and tried to justify himself by saying all sins are forgiven.

And on this note, that makes me wonder, if there is a all powerful good (God) Then wouldn't there be an all powerful evil? I mean, something corrputed the angel Lucifer to betray god himself, but without another evil presance, he couldn't have, so there is perhaps another suprime evil reigning below even lucifer himself?
Hi Steel Tears,

Sorry for not replying sooner. God is one in three, so Jesus is God. He is called 'Son of God'- but He is Son of God the Father. God is three in one- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus willingly suffered on the cross for us, He did not have to. He prayed 'Father if this is your will take this cup away from me'. He however knew that He had to suffer and die to save us from our sins, so that by believing in Him and accepting Him we could be saved.
Evil cannot be all-powerful, because Lucifer was created by God. The Devil is a creation who rebelled against his creator. He is powerful, but not more powerful than God. In the end, the Devil will be defeated.

I think you asked some awesome questions and my apologies again for not replying sooner.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

God made us "in His image", and certainly not "in His intellect". The story was told to mankind, and we are notorious for misunderstanding or misinterpreting what we hear. Only a Supreme Being could have made The Big Bang, saw how cool it was, and said; "I think I'll put living things on those rocks out there..." ...and it was good...:smile:

least
:laugh: Fab.

I envy you your strong faith...
As do I :sad:

Many of us who post on this forum and are and have been at our rope's end many times have at times felt alone and abandoned by people who we would like to call 'friends'.

Some of us have been rejected because of how we look, how we speak, how we act, how we think. Some have never 'fit in' and there never had been people who wanted to be with us. Others have been great friends with someone close, who chose to walk out and leave us. Some have been abandoned by girlfriends and boyfriends, wives and husbands. In some cases, it was just a close friend who left us. Some have had our hearts broken by those who were close to us, others have been alienated from all others for a long time already and have stopped feeling and caring.

Feeling alone is a horrible feeling. It is like being in a cave and seeing no way out. It is like feeling scared and embarassed and angry and cold, wanting to cry out but having no one to cry out to. It is like wanting to share everything but knowing no one even cares to listen.

Many people feel this way, and do not want to live anymore. They can't stand being rejected, ignored, unseen, unheard, unrecognized for being the people they are. Sometimes it feels like the world has closed it's eyes on us and there is nothing left but alienation and rejection and sadness. I have felt this way too.

Yet we are not alone. There are people out there who care. There are people who post here and listen to others and care about others. There are people here who are ready to listen and share their advice and their experiences. There are people here who care about you. You may not know them personally and they may not know you, but they care about you.

I am lucky to have found this forum and I can testify that they have not turned their backs on me. I am grateful and thankful to them for this and always will be.

I am not alone. Neither are you, even if we both feel this way sometimes.

There is Someone else who cares about us. Unlike many good people on SF who care about us and support us and are there for us although they may not know us, He knows everything about us. He loves us and created us in His image. He is God.

He loves us so much that He sent Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross. In Christ, God took on human form and came down to earth to live among us. He walked among us. He fed the hungry, He healed the sick, He brought hope to the suffering and salvation to those who followed Him. He allowed Himself to be arrested and whipped and crucified for our sake. He promised that those who put their faith in Him will be rewarded with everlasting life after death, a life full of only joy and hope. A life without loneliness. A life without suffering.

I have turned to Him after a time in my life when I felt no one was there for me. After accepting Him, I have had times of sorrow and times of joy. Times when I felt I had a lot of friends and things were going great, and times when I felt alone and rejected by people I was close to. But I know that no matter what happens, I am never alone. Some people are good friends, others want nothing to do with me. But even if everyone abandoned me, it wouldn't matter. I have put my faith in Jesus, and I know that He will never leave me.

God loves you and He will never abandon you or desert you. Jeus wants you to accept Him as your Saviour and Lord. He will never EVER turn His back on you and during the best of times and the worst of times He will always be there for you. And He promises you everlasting life and happiness with Him when you die.

Jesus is the best friend anyone of us could ever hope for. Turn to Him, and you will never truly be alone again. I know I'm not.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

What a sweet thought to try and share this with others. :hug:

TG123

I am ALWAYS alone. No loving God cares for ME.
Dear theleastofthese,

Often it feels like we are all alone and no one either likes or wants to even think of us- but God is always there and He does care for you. He cares for you so much that Christ came down to suffer and die for you. He created you in His likeness and image. He wants a loving relationship with you. He is sad when you are sad, He knows your pain because He felt it when He was being crucified for you.

He loves you so much and He cares about you so much, to Him you are a beloved daughter. He wants you to put your faith in Him and you will find eternal joy and security in Him. His arms are wide open for you, always.

Cristo Vive!
- Tomasz

RainbowChaser

I belong to a church with which I feel comfortable and accepted, but lately I'm not going cause I feel so horrible I don't want to be around people who feel loved and happy.
I know that feeling hunny :hug:

PS - TG123: Your e-mail address looks suspiciously familiar, have we had a huge 'religous' debate before? We may have been on the same side, but I can't honestly remember...

If we're never alone, then why does God leave me when I'm hurting? And the other people who feel this way? If He loves us, why won't he take away some of the suffering? How does it help me right now that Christ died for us?? And if He hates me so much, why won't He just let me out, so I can stop spoiling His perfect world???!

Smythe

What of the non religious?
What about Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc... are all these people going to
christian hell?

I like to debate this kind of stuff, but I suppose there's no point, this argument
is basically not winnable by any side :p

sorry i didnt read the last 6 pages, but i have something i want to input here.

I am personally a deist, i believe in God, but i dont believe any of the religions have it right, or that he really interferes with day to day life.

BUT, i think that people who arent feeling to secure in themselves emotionally, might do well to tag along with a religion. Perhaps putting all the "God is dead" or "God doesnt exist" drama aside, and just say a quick prayer. what can it hurt?

someone i know told me that repetitive prayers shut down the logical part of the mind, the one that analyzes everything.

Just pray to calm yourself down. I dont know if Jesus or God or Allah is real, but i know that sometimes you just gotta feel like theres something out there to help you, even if theres not

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
I may know that a cream cake is tasty or that being on a roller coaster is exciting, however unless I actually experience eating the cake or riding the roller coaster then that knowledge is extremely limited.

If somebody reads the bible or listens to a Christian they may decide or think that God loves them but that's not the same as experiencing God's love, it's like me knowing that a person loves me yet never speaking to them or being near them. It's a relationship that isn't working properly.

Life isn't about knowing things or thinking things it's about experiencing things. So experience God. How? No idea, I'm not actually a Christian so I'll leave all these questions for them to answer :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00