you are normal

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bckw, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bckw

bckw New Member

People are pretty fucked up, they are selfish, all they care about is make more money, enjoy their selfish lives. That's why everyone here is so fucked up too. The society we created simply sucks. You can't even see a doctor without paying for it. It takes months to see a psychiatr and all he does is prescribe you a stupid drug which was not developed for the goodness of people but for profit. Everyone is involved in this ignorant selfish misarable system they call society. You are so fucked up that you go and shop at Walmart because it's cheap without even thinking the people abused to make things cheaper. It's plain selfish. I got more depressed after seeing the ignorance in this so called support forum. Let me tell you one thing, you all are great sensitive people in a fucked up world, don't blame yourself, it's the others it's the ignorant selfish bastards you should blame. Bless you.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm not &$@* up and I'm not ignorant. I have an illness in my brain. I live each day as best I can.

3. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

This is not something I usually say, but you shouldn't dwell too much into this kind of thinking, it'll drive you nuts. Society is the way it is and there's no other way it could be. You can change small things from time to time but the core will always be the same. It's all economic theory.

Everyone does what's best for themselves. We're not ants or bees thus we don't think as a unit. Sometimes it may seem like it but it's not, everyone think about himself. We all have our goals and sometimes our goals clash with someone else's goals. And thus in the end one stays happy by accomplishing his goals and the other stays sad because he failed to do so. That's why you need poor people to have rich people.

We have to pay for medical services and every service in general because the people who provide those services need to eat and need to recieve a payment for their labor. You may argue that the government should pay for this, but if you look all around you, the government isn't exactly hoarding the tax payers money. They spend it in improving our lives as best as they can, even when they spend it in other things like stadiums and military equipment, it's all investments to try to make more money so they can spend it in improving your life.

But money is limited and thus the government sometimes simply cannot help as much as it socially should. We like to complain about how our governments spend their money but we tend to ignore the whole picture. Most often than not, the money is spend the best way it should and changing that usually starts a chain reaction that makes things turn for the worse.

Pharmaceutical companies, like all companies, are all for profit. That's the way it is and that's the way it will always be. Companies need to make money so they can cover their expenses in providing their products and expand their business so they can provide for even more people. In an example, the pharmaceutical companies need to make money by selling medicine so that they finance research for more kinds of medicine to fight other kinds of deseases so they can produce that medicine and sell them for more money that creates more research, etc...
    And that's not even going into the "a company who makes money has money to pay their employees who in turn need money to survive" thing.

In the end, society is perfect? Nope. But it's the best it could be, given our nature as human beings. And considering we're the most evolved species on Earth, it's fair to say we're the best society there is. Back in the past centuries we were much worse, we've come along way in improving our lives as a society, but you can't ask for perfection.

It's as Churchill used to say "Democracy is the worse political regime... except for all the other." The moment you start accepting society is the way it is, you'll be happier because you're angry at the wrong thing.

4. cofmadness

cofmadness Well-Known Member

We have to pay for medical services and every service in general because the people who provide those services need to eat and need to recieve a payment for their labor. You may argue that the government should pay for this, but if you look all around you, the government isn't exactly hoarding the tax payers money. They spend it in improving our lives as best as they can, even when they spend it in other things like stadiums and military equipment, it's all investments to try to make more money so they can spend it in improving your life.

Uh I disagree, those people who provide these medical services are OVERPAID they're ripping people off they are thieves in masks do you understand? a 4 minute doctor visit doesn't need to cost $150, if their checks were cut in half trust me that would be plenty enough for them to "eat"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.