You CAN be who you WANT to be!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cluster, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cluster

Cluster Active Member

The amazing thing about life is that it really is your canvas. Build on the ruins that is the state of your mind right now until it is a wonderful castle again. What I mean is find the strength inside of your weakened heart to change. The human mind can do EXTRAORDINARY things..

How I see it is there is a potential person some years ahead of you, that says while looking back "I knew I could change, I knew I could get out of the dark shadows that was my life and I love life again.". But understand that it is not the situation, but the state of mind. Depression weakens your motivation and determination... it makes your future look bleak.. but with small stepping stones that you create.. you CAN achieve your goals. I know this, I have depression and I am trying to change, and I am changing. I just wanted to let others know that it is possible. From yesterday's regret and tommorow's dream.. comes today's oppertunity.

I may seem optimistic, but no I am a pessimist, but I dont have to be. I'm changing and becoming more positive, and the positive chemicals in my brain counteract the negative ones. This is how you can overcome the depression.. think more positively. Be grateful for what you have.. e.g. food, family, friends, shelter, health.. think of those less fortunate than you..e.g. starving children in africa or china... how much would they give to be living in your environment?

You can do it, because youre human, you can be strong. Dont let depression's demons steal the disguised life inside of you. Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Thank you for sharing Cluster.. it's good to read such a positive and inspiring post.. hope things turn out well for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.