"You can get help for your depression" messages

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by silent_enigma, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

I see lots of ads and messages on the internet (when I am searching a depression-related topic) That are aimed at getting people into treatment of some sort, which is all well and good.

But what about when none of it works? Then they just tell you to do the same ol things over again. Take another med. Go to counselling. Group therapy. Or the ER if it's urgent.

To what end? If you don't have a solution then you don't have a solution! Quit acting like you do!

Ah, sorry. I sound like I'm on a rant.

2. xiaoxiao

xiaoxiao Member

I honsetly believe there are millions (a lot anyway) of us like this - that is, chronic depressives dragging our illness around with us in some half lived life. I'm another long term depressive who's life was hijacked a long time ago. While keeping up with the research, I've given up trying to find a cure.
    Lots of those ads are aimed at people who are mildly depressed - not the hard core depressives

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yet each day a new drug comes out to help treat hard core depression or to add onto depressant already used. Talk to you doctor about the newly released medication and get therapy together you have a chance.

4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I think that depression ends eventually, even if it's chronic, but it takes effort. You can't just sit around waiting to get better, or reject (or quit) treatments like medication or therapy. You gotta fix the problem if you want to feel better.

"Depression it there for a reason, It's the minds way of telling you something's wrong" - Lister, Red Dwarf

5. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Depression like all other mental illnesses are conceived in the mind. Drugs and therapy are a giant band-aid, and for me, it slowed me down. I accept my depression, and I try to make today a better day and only concentrate on that. I despise those depression ads and messages, their fake, and only in it for profit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.