You can't smile if you're depressed!11

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by aoeu, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

honestly... a year off work (paid) for depression... it's good she has to work again.

4. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

I wish i could depression for a living they only let you do it pro bono here

Also have pictures on facebook where youre smiling is an awesome foundation for the argument you arent depressed

5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

What else are you meant to do in a photo? Scowl? Frown? Sure, she was out and about having fun, but I would try to do that too if I had clinical depression. I wouldn't just sit hone alone and cry about my problems, I'd go out and be social to try and help the depression. I'm not sure whether she's a fool for uploading these pictures to her FB account, or if the insurance company are crossing a line by looking at her FB page and through her photos. Regardless, cutting off her benefits sounds like just another dick move by a big insurance company, the type that do anything to keep their money. But I'm thinking if she can go to a Chippendale's thing and on a holiday with her depression, she can work.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

ha ha

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Hm I agree partly with what you said. If I were depressed I would go out too, try to combat it. And yeah what else is she supposed to do in a photo?:laugh:. But I don't think those things are a sign that a major depressive episode is over. Of course there is always a chance she is scamming the system, but I would think that these things are a positive step in recovery. Doing those things would be good for someone with major depression and possibly help to lift her out of it. Unless her doctor believes she is ready to go back to work, these things are not indication that a major depressive episode has lifted.
    Again, what should she be doing? Sitting at home, letting the depression worsen? I think it's signs of her trying to get better. Losing benefits because she tried to get better doesn't sound right.

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Every member here is all too familiar with the many masks we have to wear to protect others. The pain is still there, the depression. But if we dont wear those smiles then others flee. Yeah she might of been scamming the system and shame on her if she was. She is the type that makes it so hard for us of those that truly suffer to get others past the stigma of what mental health issues are about. And now we will be fighting once again. It will never end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.