You can't take Christianity too seriously

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by suicide_ideation, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know to Christians the Bible is sacred, big and EVERYTHING, WOW WOW WOW, and that I should try not to hurt them, cuz to them it's important, that I should be nice and respectful, they like that, Jesus is great, blablabla. Ok but I won't, cuz they're full of shit, and cuz they're arrogant hypocrits.

Save for 0.000001% of Christians, who are genuine and authentic, and they follow-thru with their bullshit, best people I've met, I remember one lady in school, she was so modest, and she looked very nice for her age, she was UNSELFISH, it's the only true Christian I ever met, I hope there's a Heaven for people like her, but the rest of them should be glad there isn't a God, cuz otherwise they'd rot in hell, cuz they're full of shit, they're worse than satanists, and they themselves are killing their stupid religion, by turning people away with their arrogance and hypocrisy.

First of all, be assured that God will never do anything for you. He never has done anything for anyone. Sometimes, tho, he'll appear in cakes. And there were many Mary sightings reported, along with Bigfoot and Aliens. My English isn't too great, but I think it's called Mysticism, or the Occult, or bullshit. Yeah nothing concrete. Or Benn Hinn can heal you, and steal your money. That guy is so greedy, he has like 10 mansions. You know who I hate a lot, those televengelists, they're so greedy, and they have so much pride in how they dress and how they live, it's so easy for them to talk, I hate them like you can't imagine. They're individualist and meteralist capitalists. Joel Osteen cares more about his garden and couches than those who are starving. True Christians give their life away, they live in poverty. It's like you don't exist. You waste your life to improve others life, it's not really wasting, cuz it gives you back a lot, if your heart is right, and if you're not greedy and full of shit.

There's so many ways to interpret the Bible, some will say don't pay attention to the bad ones, cuz anyways they don't have anything to do with Christianity, if they're full of shit, or don't focus on men's sins. But they're all like that, there's like 5 true christians remaining on earth. I mean I'd rather follow the Invisible Pink Unicorn, they have 10 true believers in the local asylum, where I was locked in the past year.

Science is not the research of God's creation, first of all, before I even get into it. Science proves that Christianity is crap. So now Catholics are Evolutionist Christians, I dunno how u mix those two, fucking imbeciles, or you've got homosexual Christians, or pro-abortion Christians, all kinds of imbeciles, I mean it's incompatible, no need for a debate. Next, there's millions of religions, throughout time and place, it comes with civilization I guess.

Finally the most humble thing for you to do is to accept that you're not worth more than a monkey, cuz it's the truth. You're not. You're an ant. Civilization is responsible for all our problems, it's a fact, I'm not a fanatic primitivist, it's reality, so face it and get over it. I'm ranting and raving, and I'm very confrontational, and I'm nuts, but that's me, and I hoped I cleared ur suspicion, the fog of ignorance if you're a Christian.

2. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

It's a sad fact that many people call themselves Christian when they are anything but.

I know of Joel Osteen. He drives a Porsche 911. He's one of the most popular televangelists out there, and preaches to a very large audience. He doesn't mention in his sermons things like: sin, hell, love of money, etc. Strange that, because Jesus Christ spoke extensively about those topics.

I read that a high ranking Catholic said evolution was compatible with the Genesis story. There are pro-gay Christians. There are pro-abortion Christians. There are Christian Buddhists. The litmus test for all these branches is what the Bible says. Why? Because the Bible is Gods Word. Men throughout history, & up to the present day, twist the interpretation to suit there own agenda. There's an old saying: "if Jesus came back to Earth tomorrow, there's one thing he wouldn't be, and that's a Christian". Indeed, Jesus was a Jew, and condemned the religious leaders of his day for their hypocrisy.

There have been numerous different theories down the centuries about the formation of the world - the latest one is evolution. The creation account has outlasted them all. The Bible is clear on the issue of homosexuality - it is abhorrent behaviour in the eyes of God. However, that trait doesn't make a gay person any less worthy as a human being. Abortion is murder, therefore it's incompatible with the message of Christ.

I would ask you to read the Gospel of John. It's not that long. Read what Jesus himself said, and make your own mind up about him.

All the best. mike25

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

so, why don't you become the 6th TRUE CHRISTIAN...lead the way...show us what true christianity is all about! You seem to know what it isn't or shouldn't be about...and you seem to have known at least one or two true christian's in your life...so you have an idea of what it does mean to be a true christian. So, lead the way. You can point fingers all day long. but, be a leader. be a teacher. model for us what you believe christianity should be about. and stop pointing fingers and worrying about what everybody else is doing or not doing...and live your life.

4. Because 5 True Christians equals cult, there are millions of cults. Why is this brand of God so cool? The Bible is a fiction book.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

Again, you are pointing fingers at the 5 or the millions. Its clear what you don't believe in and less clear why...but, what do you believe in? what do you want your life story to be about?

6. We were meant to live in the jungle with monkeys, and we're little ants.

OK, there's not much more to add to that. What I'm offering is not heaven and it's not fun, I'm not sure I would want to abandon all technology, but it's facts, everything else is crap. That's what I believe. And I attribute all our problems to civilization. People were not meant to live like this, ok. I don't need to worry about how I'll be remembered, nor does an ant, and this is the most humble approach to life.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

5 true christians, to the millions of cults, to monkeys and ants, and all our problems are with civilization. --- what about you? what are you offering? what are you suggesting, we the problem civilization, should do or be? and more specifically what do you want to become or be....you're not a monkey, and your not an ant? so what is your humble approach to life?

8. Yeah, I know I'm ranting and raving about all kinds of things, but the sum of everything I said points to one direction and that is that Christianity is crap. I've exhausted my arguments. That's all. I'm sorry if I was rude and confrontational. If I could I'd delete what I wrote, and I'd chill out. Good night.

9. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

Being a Christian isn't about being perfect it's about admitting that you're anything but perfect, but yet asking for forgiveness.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with having money and being a Christian, you just have to have your priorities altered and not idolise money and be ready to give it up if that's what God requires of you.

Christians are human, they mess up just as everyone else does. Don't expect them to be perfect.

10. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:yes: :agreed:

11. Disagreed, completely. You're evil, if that's what you believe. Money is evil, and religion is stupid.

Having more than you need while some are starving is VERY VERY VERY evil. But of course no one's gonna give all his 'surplus' (extra I guess you would say in English) to the poor and hungry, because of a little thing called Greed - and Pride. If we all lived with the minimum, there'd be a lot of extra money to share amongst us. But of couse Capitalists are full of shit, they want more, and more, and more, and always more, the more the better. What's greed to Capitalist-Christians (oxymoron)? Hello? Benny Hinn has 10 private jets, and 55 mansions, and 250 cars, now you're gonna say I'm exaggerating, well I think having 2, 5 million dollars mansions is already an immense EXAGGERATION.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  12. ''There's nothing wrong with having money and being a Christian''

You say that as if it's a fact, it's bullshit, it's wrong and it's evil, and I'll be praying for you. Are you kidding me? Have u read the bible lately?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  13. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Re: You can't take Christianity too seriously (part 1)

Hi SuicideIdeation,

Thank you for sharing your views. You obviously are very passionate about the point you are trying to make. I agree that among people who say they are 'Christians' there are many who do not truly live out their faith. I have also at times fallen short of following God, and continue to do so. But please do not confuse the shortcomings with the faith, because they are very different. I would like to address some points you made here.

Actually, the Bible says that Christians should expect hatred and even persecution because of what we believe. However it seems like your post is more about attacking when Christians do not follow through their faith than the Gospel.

Wait, you said:

'Save for 0.000001% of Christians, who are genuine and authentic, and they follow-thru with their bullshit'

So these people who you say are 'best people' you've ever met are authentic and genuine and modest and unselfish - because they actually live out their faith. So then the problem lies not with the Christian faith, but with people who choose to say they follow Christ even when they do not. You pointed out hypocrisy as being your problem with these 'christians' and you want to know something?- Jesus agrees with you. He also spoke out against and was eventually crucified by hypocrites who were claiming to be godly men.

I think that the percentage of Christians who live out their faith is more than the figure you gave, but the problem lies not with the Gospel but with people who pay lip service to it while choosing to not follow it.

I definitely believe that the lady you met is a good person and more Christians should look to her for example as how to live out the Gospel. I praise God that He blessed you and others with having gotten to know her.

Here are some other people who have put their faith in Jesus. They helped others in need, were unselfish, spoke out against injustice, spread and lived out the Gospel. Some are alive, some are dead. Some paid the ultimate price for following Christ. In fact, some were killed by people claiming to be Christians and were definitely NOT hypocrites- Martin Luther King, Oscar Romero, Tom Fox, Maximilian Kolbe, Dorothy Stang, Mother Theresa, Harry Lehotsky, Menno Simons, Dirk Willems, Cassie Bernall. Check up on some of them, let me know what you think.
    These are only some people who have followed and lived out the Gospel. There are many other Christians who have followed and continue to follow Jesus loyally and and help others around them, but they do not get noticed or known of outside of their communities and the people who they have helped and ministered to.

They have done great things, but they would admit to you that their strength came from Jesus, their Lord and Saviour. God has done great things through them, and they were witnesses to His love and the Gospel. Please remember them and people like them who actually follow 'the bullshit', not just the hypocrites who don't.

Actually, those who claim to be Christians but hypocritically and unrepentantly live lives that are contrary to Christ's teachings and make no effort to serve God and claim to be following Him do have a lot to fear, and that includes Hell. Jesus said that not all who call Him 'Lord Lord' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Read Matt 25:31-49 for a scary example of what happens to those who claim they love Jesus but turn their backs on the poor.

As another poster pointed out, Christians are certainly not perfect. We do sin and we do fall short of serving God. I am sure that the woman you spoke of certainly did as well. But a true Christian repents for his/her mistakes and tries to live out the faith. I am sure she did.

Do not let the hypocrites keep you from seeking Jesus. If you put your faith in Him and live it out, not only will you enter Heaven but you will be a blessing to those around you. I guarantee it.

I respectfully disagree. God pulled me back from killing myself, He taught me to forgive my enemies and He has been my driving force in my ministry and human rights work and social justice activism. He has worked through me to help stop the deportation of a man fleeing torture in Syria, He has given me courage and strength when others have turned their backs on me. He has taught me to not think about myself but others, He has saved my life and He worked through me to help others.

If it wasn't for God, I would be dead today.

I agree, I think most of these 'sightings' are hoaxes too.

Agreed. He does many things that are wrong, and he does take advantage of people and has cheated and lied and used Christ's name as an excuse to do so. I pray for him and hope he one day turns away from his hypocrisy and follows Jesus.

I don't hate them, but I hate their greed and the false 'prosperity gospel' that they teach. The 'gospel' that teaches that God loves you if you have money and that to be blessed by Him you need to be rich. Christ was rejected by the rich and accepted by the poor. He lived and died among them. And He gave everlasting life to all who came to Him- for the most part they were the poor.

That may be true. That is not how God calls on His followers to live.

AMEN. True Christians need to be prepared to share what they have with the poor. When you see a person in need you are actually looking at Jesus. And He does say that those who give their lives for Him will gain them but those who try to preserve them will lose them.
    We are called to give our lives away for God. I think that a Christian can make money but should always be prepared to share and give it to those who have far less.

Actually, I disagree with you here. There are some issues which I think that the Bible doesn't take a clear stance on but not the issues you spoke of.
    Like helping the poor and loving others (friends and enemies) and caring for justice and working for peace and being humble and forgiving. The Gospels are very clear about the importance of these things. One can't be a true Christian and not do these things.

14. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

I just listed 10 :).

Did the Invisible Pink Unicorn die on the cross for you? Are its principles similar to the teachings of Jesus?

Really? How?

What do you mean by that? According to the Bible, the world was created in 7 days. Some claim that by 'days' God meant many years, I personally don't believe that.

Homosexuality is banned in the Bible. A Christian can struggle with homosexuality as with other sins and try to live a life free from it and in service to God, but not embrace it as a way of life.

The killing of babies is banned in the Bible.

The Bible takes a clear stance against both homosexuality and abortion. In terms of evolution, I also believe that it does.

In some ways you are right. We are not worthy of respect or love. We are all sinners who deserve less mercy that an animal who has committed far less wrongs that we did. We deserve an eternity of suffering and torment and insignificance.
    But God has chosen to love us. He created us in His likeness and image. He has sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. Christ was arrested, persecuted, whipped, tormented, mutilated and crucified for us. He is one with God and King of Kings yet He was born in a stable, lived among the poor, and was murdered on a cross.
    He taught a life that is completely revolutionary and completely in opposition to the materialist, self-centered, jealous, hypocritical and immoral teachings of this world. Instead of 'security', He taught love for enemies. Instead of self-preservation, He taught us to serve others and be prepared to suffer and die for social justice and for Him. Instead of 'if it feels good, do it', He taught self-restraint and over-riding concern for the poor and service to God. No wonder they nailed Him to that cross. And He rose again, because not even death can defeat God.

Join the revolution. Accept Him as your Lord and Saviour and bring His insurrectional Message to the world.

Actually, Satan is. And often our civilization chooses him over God so in a way you are right.

It was good to read your views, and I do not think you are nuts. I admire your opposition to hypocrisy and injustice, and your desire to do more to help others. I encourage you to learn more about Jesus. He conquered death for you, and if you choose to put your faith in Him and live it out, He will work through you and you will be able to make a real difference in the world around you. You are in my prayers.

Take care. If you want to keep in touch, please feel free to email me at holyspiritrocks@hotmail.com

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

15. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Religion definitely doesnt make you a better person. Christians think they can do any thing they want and god will let them get away with it. So even if hitler believed in jesus which he did he would go to heaven. Let me give you an example of one of the flaws of christianity. Say you killed some ones mother, you ask god to forgive you,and it does, is that going to make life any easier on the kids who lost there mother? No, it wont make any fucking difference, their mom will never come back.

The whole jesus story is ridiculous. It doesnt make any sense logicaly. A special man created with the sperm of god instead of a normal human, was beat to death and died, and that some how this can make you completely avoid any type of discipline from god for your immoral actions.This myth is no more special than that or hercules and zeus.

What if im wrong? well what if you died and the flying spaghetti monster was standing before you and sent you to hell for not believing in him? or buhdda? It doesnt make sense its stupid, a higher being would have to be beyond that kind of primitive ideology of what justice and righteousness are.

16. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

I do believe what i said but i am also far from evil. I know a couple who have the most amazing faith and are the most devout TRUE christians. They also happen to have earnt a lot of money. They do however give greatly to the Church and to charities, they also share their house with the Church and offer it to whoever needs it. It's definately not fair that people have more money whilst others are starving. But it doesn't make them evil either.

God does not call everyone to live in poverty and give away all their worldly possessions. He calls some people to use what they have to share it in other ways. God's relationship with his people is individual for each person, what he wants for one person is not what he wants for another.

And yes i have read the bible lately thank you.

"Christians think they can do any thing they want and god will let them get away with it."

The way i see it is that if someone truly loves God and wants to follow him they want to do what he asks. However as a human they will slip up, but because of their faith and their love of God they will truly regret this and ask for forgiveness from their God. And will try there best not to do it again. Being a Christian does not give someone a right to get away with anything just because God will forgive them. Besides, you may be able to convince someone else that you are sorry, but you can't fool God.
    It means it's ok to make mistakes, it doesn't mean it's ok to go and do bad things on purpose. and of course it doesn't make it better for whoever you've hurt, not in the slightest.

17. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

TG123, that was a monumental post. Thanks for taking the time. :smile:

18. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hi brother Mike25,
    I don't say this enough, but I am so grateful for your fellowship and encouragement and support. I am thankful to God for a friend like you.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

19. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

hercules jumped into hades to save us? does that mean that hercules is any more real than the other gods? no. theyre all bs. you guys are going to hades for not accepting hercules as your savior.

20. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Amen and great post, sadsong!

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.