You don't need to die, He died for you.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by 2cor418, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2cor418

2cor418 Guest

I stumbled across this forum while doing some reading and couldn't help but leave a comment.

First and foremost, my heart sincerely breaks for those who are in so much pain, depression, angst and despair that they are seriously considering ending their own life. I urge you to please, please reconsider. I hope that you will continue to read what I have to say and do not make light of it. If I did not wholeheartedly believe what I'm writing, I wouldn't be taking my time to do it. Please try to read it without bias and without any preconceived opinion.

I am a Biology and Chemistry major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I have a strong background in the sciences. I'm not easily persuaded by things that I cannot prove, or things that cannot be determined by empirical evidence. There is one thing in life--one thing in my years of scientific learning--that I've that realized I can't explain. It is this one thing that I choose to make my entire education and intellectual integrity vulnerable (because it cannot be explained by nature).

This thing is a person; he is Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God.

Just read this several times and make yourself vulnerable to believe: Because God loves you and cares for you so much, especially in your times of intense pain and anguish, he sent his own son to die a horrible death so that you may experience the fullness of life. Jesus Christ, being fully God and fully human, did not use his godly powers to avoid death or remove himself from this situation, but became obedient to death and died a gruesome death--crucified on a cross so that you may have a relationship with God. It is in this relationship, with the God of the universe, that you may find abundant hope, joy, freedom and ultimate satisfaction.

You have hope! You have joy! It is given abundantly to you by God. You have the acceptance of the creator of the universe! He is all powerful and everlasting. His covenant, or promise with you is that if you simply have faith in his son's death and resurrection on the cross, you too will have everlasting life. In order to understand everlasting life, you need to put your earthly life into an eternal perspective. The afflictions of this life are transient in comparison to the eternal life you can have in Christ. Although you may be broken and crushed and may suffer to no end, there is hope.

I have only touched the surface of this. What I've written here is the Gospel of Christianity. The Gospel, or the good news, is the message that Jesus died for our sins and rose again to give us life. We did nothing to deserve this. All we have to do is to accept Christ as our Lord and Savior. It is this Gospel, that has saved my life. It was what brought my out of my pain, my suffering, my shame, my guilt, my despair, hatred. Today, I by no means live an 'easier' worldly life. But, I realize (and I'm forever thankful) that my suffering is nothing compared to the suffering of Jesus on the cross. My 'bad days' are nothing compared to Him taking on the sins of the world. How can I lose hope when the Son of God died for me? He loves me so much. It is so clear to me now and I want more than anything for others to share in this joy. It is a joy that I have never experienced from any worldly pleasure. If you are on the verge of ending your life, I'm pleading with you to just talk to God. God works through prayer. Talk to him and ask him to enter your life. Ask him to deliver your from your trouble. Ask him to free you from your suffering. And it will be done.

In Christ Alone,
    2cor418

Please, if you want to know more, leave me your email address and I'll contact you.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sure many of us have asked even begged for gods help we have all been there and if there was help we would not be here god needs to listen a little better and stop all this pain and suffering before it happens right

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I don't believe there is a god. At least one that is a bloodthirsty savage.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No my point is there is no god because if there was he would have the power to prevent such tragedies and pain

5. 2cor418

2cor418 Guest

violet,

I really know where you are coming from. I still deal with the same problem and know many people who have dealt with it. My response, if anyone is interested:

1) We cannot understand all the workings of God. If we could understand God, he wouldn't be a god worth understanding, would he? God has a plan and it isn't necessarily the same plan we have for our lives.

2) God gave us free will. We have the free will to make our own decisions. With this free will, we have the ability to cause hurt, pain and suffering. God has allowed us to live as we please and this is the cause of much suffering. Pain and suffering in the world is evidence of God granting us the freedom to do as we please (very generous of him), not evidence of the absence of God. He could have made us all robots with no free will or choices at all.

3) God allows earthly suffering but at the same time he offers something far greater. He offers eternal life. What if the situation was reversed? Live a short time on Earth being comfortable and then die, or spend eternity in heaven with God?

6. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

oh for the love of god :mad:

Please dont preach, its unnecessary. If we wanted this we would go to church.

7. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

i believe there is a god well kind of i used to believe it alot stronger i have suffered thought my entire walk with god i grew up in a home very against any sort religion but at the age of 14 i gave my life to the lord it was not an easy thing to do especialy as i was faced with the chalenge of telling my family but i did it anyway as i felt it was right, things in my life got beter for awhile but then i feel back into my old ways of self harming and its just got worse and worse ive cryed out to god so many times then for the past proply 4months i just gave up what was the point in reaching out to him anymore then about a week ago i tryed reaching out one last time and i felt nothing nothing at all, so i give up there was a time when i believed he was there for me a time when i thought he could save me now im not even sure hes there!!!

8. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

agreed

9. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok im not trying to be rude to you bubble but they are just shearing there point of view you are the one who read it you didnt have to! they are free to believe what they want just as you are free not to believe and if they want to shear they are aloud to shear we should all be aloud to shear. im sorry if saying this i have come across as rude i just felt the need to say this

10. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

the guilt induced by my former religion is a major part of why my life is so screwed up right now. i literally went through hell and back because i didn't want to let god down. now i realize that all that pain was wasted since there really isn't anyone out there. certainly not a "god" like the majority of christians believe in. i'm all for free speech but frankly i think this thread needs a trigger warning. it certainly triggered many old feelings in me.

11. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

Someone talking about Jesus on Easter? Tragic! How dare they come and "preach" to us on SuicideForum! I don't believe in God, so why should ANYONE ELSE read this thread?

:rolleyes:

12. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

mod edit<helena.>insultive

my life has been destroyed because of you and your jesus

mod edit < Helena> insultive

I hate you people so much, please do not respond to me because you will anger me more

mod edit< Helena> insultive

you evil Christians are the reason why I am on this board and why my life is so screwed up

I hate you people so much

mod edit < helena> insultive

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
  13. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I am glad you are aloud to shear that with us.

14. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

christianity is far more insulting to me then any curse word

15. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

agreed

16. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I'll be quick...

I'm a scientist... I'm open to a spiritual existentence... I'm not naieve enough to believe in a book that's undergone countless edits at the hands of human beings and mistranslations... Make your own beliefs, feel free to draw from religions, there are some good ideas in there but don't start taking every word as truth

17. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

This is seriously the worst forum to preach on. I respect yoyr beliefs, but I know a lot of people here would bitchslap god if he existed.

People here are at a point in their beliefs where it is unwise to do so.

But props for trying to help bro :)

18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

It will always be mind blowing to me that adults with fully developed brains in this day and age can take such fairy tales with any more than a grain of salt. That is something I don't think I will ever understand.

I guess I can see how some people need it as a crutch but even that is not healthy.

19. 2cor418

2cor418 Guest

Naivety is certainly not the issue here. I don't believe in a God or take him with a "grain of salt" because I just don't care to test my faith, or because I haven't put my faith under enough scrutiny. I have examined and reexamined my faith time and time again. I have had personal battles with most difficult philosophical questions. I am human. I have been through trials, suffering and pain just like everyone else. I have doubt like everyone else. I didn't post on this forum to preach. I posted on this forum because I wanted to help. I don't want anyone to give their life away, especially, when I believe there is a solution. If I truly believe what I believe, then it would be more ignorant and selfish of me to pass on by this forum and ignore the situation when I know of a solution.

20. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

you say that god has a plan that we can never know

yet so many people express their belief that know god's plan and in their arrogance, they cause pain and death in his name and everyone says they are wrong

yet by extension, how can you say that they are not wrong - what if god planned for these people to be what they are and do what they do in order to test the rest of us?

and again, by extension, what if god means for us to suffer and die in order to test our friends and relations?

i mean god's plan was for his son to die, judas was the method by which he was captured - i have to believe that god "created" judas for this purpose, so that the plan could be fulfilled

regardless of the plan any god that would do this is one that i would rather have nothing to deal with

"i believe in god...and i hate the f**ker" - John Riddick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.