you get sent a horrible text... what do you do?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Locket, Jan 14, 2009.

?

you get sent a horrible text... what do you do?

1. text back

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. ignore it

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. call back

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. see if you can find out who sent it without calling/texting

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

someone has just text you
    saying something mean, but possibly true, about your personality
    you're hurt
    what do you do?

2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

spend the rest of my life ammending the problem

3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

me personally, depending on my mood, either ignore them and make a mental note not to bother my arse about that person again. or if i asked for their opinion on that particular subject, thank them for being honest. or tell them to fuck off and that their a c u next tuesday.

but thats just me

4. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

Unfortunately, that answer depends on who said it.

If it's someone close to me, and I trust their advice, I'll ask them what they mean, or if they could explain further. I like to hear others opinions about myself.

If it's just a random someone, I'll ignore them, or ask them what they mean. Better to flip them the bird and walk away, then get in to a scrap over something like that.

If it's someone I hate, I'll tell them to politely suck on several of my orifices, and leave it at that. If they're out to hurt you, then chances are they'll say anything to make you feel bad.

5. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

what if they were anonymous
    and you don't know who they are?

6. jam1e

jam1e Guest

Presuming it is someone you know, i would call them back, or see them in person. Explain that you are aware of your shortcomings, but then ask him or her to explain why they had to point that out to you and ask what their problem is and that you want to talk his or her issues out with them! If you want to of course!:smile:

7. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

i'd take it as just a drop in the ocean, theres not many opinions i'd take more seriously than my own

8. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

If this is addressed to me, refer to my middle explanation.

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

In that case i would ignore it.

I would not care who those motherfuckers are...

10. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Ignore it.

11. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

(edit) it seemed this is more about someone wanting to give fair critic so if I trust the person I would probably see if I had anything to learn from it and if i agree I would just say sorry and that I would try to better myself but if its someone I dont trust the motives of I would ignore it.(*edit)

But If its about abuse, personal attacks ets.

They usually feed on attention. And as they cant believe anyone would be nice ,helpful or like them genuinely so they go for negative attention witch subconscious in there mind is better then no attention at all.

Also I think women get the most of this kind of crap and its probably a reverse behavior from what the immature bully really want witch is female attention.

It just got me to think about the tragic event when a little kid took what he was thinking was a toy gun from his house and shoot a girl in kinder garden. Only it was a real gun. Thing was he liked her. Somewhat related maby even if its kind of far fetched.

It was on the documentary "Bowling for columbine" for anyone interested.

Anyway knowing who they are cant be bad. These creeps hides behind Internet where they feel safe but the trues is that its illegal to make threats or harass people even if its over Internet so calling the police is one way if it gets out of hand. Get the Ip:adress if you can then track them down and the broadband company may close there Internet account =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
  12. oxygenidia

oxygenidia Well-Known Member

Depends on who wrote it. If it was from my ex best friend or my ex boyfriend who are both the biggest assholes in the universe I would either ignore it or write something mean back.

If it was from my parents or someone else that I respected then I would have felt incredibly low and failed.

13. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

If it's not someone you know then definately ignore it.

14. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

wait a day, call off a withheld number and hang up. repeat then scream down the phone

15. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

What i would do is find out who it is, buy a AGM-84 harpoon missile on the black market then fire it at their house.

But thats just me

16. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I'd ignore it. Could be jealousy? They could just be trying to make you feel bad?
    If they won't even tell you who they are they probably know you wouldn't think much of their opinion.

17. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I would probably try to find out who sent it. But I wish I could just ignore...

18. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Ignore it. And when it happened again I'd try to find out who it was. I wouldn't freak out, I'd just confront the 'problem' and be done with it.

19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Ask what the hell their problem is with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.