You know how my car is a trigger for me, right?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well on the way home from church band practice I struck a deer with my car, going about 50mph.

Hood is crumpled. Can't open it. Nothing else seems to be wrong. Nothing leaking. Bu car is going to need oil change soon, so hood will have to get fixed. I have a 500 comprehensive deductible on my insurance. Hood will be like 200.00 So easier to juet get it fixed without using insurance.

I dont have either of those funds.

Car will be dead when oil dies. I give that a month.
    I give myself a month.

When car goes, there goes my income, and there goes me.

I will try and be strong to help out those I can, while I still can.

Even though I am not able to save myself, at least I can hopfully save someone.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You will get it figured out Bill. Things look bleak right now, but you have a good mind. there may be someone that can help you get it open. What is your deductible on collision? This was a collision with a deer, not a rock in the windshield or something. Maybe there is a difference. Do you have a college with an automechanics program nearby? In our area they will fix cars up for the cost of parts as they need to gain the experience. A thought anyway.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Don't give up!! You don't know what's going to happen. Things could work out okay. Try not to project the worst case scenario. Give things a chance to work out.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

We get many of our car parts from the junk yard. It is a huge savings when you can do this. Call the local junk yards and see what you can get.

:hug:

5. NothingMan

NothingMan Member

Sorry for your car troubles when you're already feeling crappy . Do you know anyone with any air tools and a compressor - maybe someone at your church ? Why not ask around there ? I'd suggest taking a cutoff tool and cutting a square in the hood over the latch and trying to get into it , then with a little strategic prying and more cutting I bet you can get it open . Just try not to cut any tranny lines , hoses or wires . Take your time . It's just an inanimate object and you're , well , an animate object ! Once you have your used hood in hand you can continue to work it back into shape . Usually the radiator supports are removable and replaceable as well but I don't know what kind of car you have . Don't let it lick you !! Bestow the wrath of god upon it !!!:wootrock: You can't let something as unimportant as a car be your undoing . I know people who go through them like paper towels .P.S . make sure to wear safety glasses !

6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I will be ok. I was just overreacting.

But thanks for your concerns everyone.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:hug: We all have our moments Bill. I am glad you will be okay.

8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I retain the right to check out if things get worse. If I can't get this issue resolved.

It's nice though knowing I retain that right. Kinda takes the edge off the stress levels a bit.

9. WildCherry

Just remember that post you made earlier, about the superintendent of your daughter's school. He retained the right to check out, and his kids are left without a father because of that right.

10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well if that time comes, my kids would be better off, anyway.

11. WildCherry

I know how much your kids mean to you, and how much you mean to them. So what makes you think they'd be better off without you?

12. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Financially.

13. WildCherry

Money isn't everything. No matter how much money they would have if you were gone, it wouldn't take your place. They'd still miss their father. You're a hell of a lot more important than money.

14. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I know this much. If I can't keep the wheels turning and I loose my job, I couldnt bear to live with the dissapointment I would burden my family with.

I hurt them enough with the alcohol.

If my car stops, I won't kill myself, but I will just walk away. I won't put anyone else thru my failures again.

I won't. I can't.

15. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Ok so now I pissed off one of my online friends.

I truly am a looser.

16. WildCherry

You're not a loser. :hug: What happened?

17. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I thought I made u upset with me.

18. WildCherry

I'm not upset with you. :hug:

19. Zaparc©

Zaparc© Active Member

By the way, what happened to the deer?

20. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I dunno! :rolleyes: