You know the worst part?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by xoCherie, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

You know the worst part about depression? How easy it is to just slip back into the cocoon of nothingness. Emptiness. Just taking a step back when you've been dealt a hard blow, whether subconsciously doing so or not, and letting yourself fall back into the false security that numbness gives you for a brief time.
    I'd do another poem, but words elude me tonight. All there is, is word fits it. Emptiness? No. Nothingness? No. Pit of blackness? No. Because its all those and more. It's a feeling of disconnectedness. From myself and from the world around me.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i agree totally it is worst part
  3. MisterBGone

I like that word, "nothingness" (mu: japanese)
    And I agree with you, too!
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know how that is...I can have a decent day and I can get depressed and hopeless again so easily. I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, and hope the feelings of darkness don't last long.
  5. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

I was lucky, because I woke up and it was better...but it's faded in and out all of today. I even had my tutor ask me if I was okay, which made everyone turn around and look at me
  6. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

. I find the hardest part of depression is trying not to be sucked back into the black hole. When I'm not feeling depressed, I feel lost, like I don't know how to feel if I'm not depressed. Then that lost feeling makes me wish that I did feel depressed. I guess I just know how to fell when I'm depressed. Wierd, I know. I hate being depressed, but I keep finding myself running back to it.
  7. Silex_Drade

Silex_Drade Member

To me the worst part of depression is that regular people will never understand it. If i had a broken leg, or cancer, or AIDS, everyone would come along and say: "Oh, poor girl, you're trying so hard through this... You really are a hero", but when it comes to mental disturbness, people just look and think "What a lazy spoiled brat, she doens't wanna do anything with her life, and her excuse is depression..." -.-
  8. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

How true. My parents excuse my behavior as being looney. I hear voices and every time I hear them, or see something, or do something that is not the voices beckoning me to do, I feel lost too. I feel lost inside my own head most of the time. I wonder if that's why I am agoraphobic also. I can't seem to function outside of home stability.

We have construction people in and out of the house these days because we are remodeling the upstairs. So many things to prepare for, to see, do, feel. I get depressed sure, but I have other things to go along with it. Depression is a black hole of nothingness and dare I say it's bleak. There is a void in which feelings take a scenic ride into oblivion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.