You know what I hate ?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Tutsy13, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Tutsy13

Tutsy13 Active Member

FACEBOOK! It use to be so fun in the old days, but now I just see upbeat, positive people posting pics of themselves, their kids, their pets and on and on they go !

It's driving me nuts yet I'm always tempted to go there several times a day.

What should I do ?

2. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Me too, but I don't know what to do either! I've considered deleting my account, but I also have friends on there I wouldn't be able to communicate with easily any other way.

3. Adjunct Soul

Adjunct Soul Member

I completely understand your anger. I am not sure if this is any consolation, but most of that overly cheery stuff is very put on. I know this because I have done this. To look at my profile you would think that I really have my shit together. I think people (read me) use Facebook to project what they want the world to see, not the big ball of crazy they actually are. I have just been introduced to this idea of "sharenting" and how it really is going to screw up most of those kids being exploited on their parents Facebook. I never understood how everyone catches there families and friends at such perfect moments until logic kicked in and I realized they are mostly staged.
    I try to look at it for what it is, a very scripted reality show of insecure people.
    That being said - I still can't stop checking in and getting pissed either! It must be a sort of compulsive behavior. Oh well, we can laugh at the absurdity together if you would like.

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I know what you mean. On Facebook, everyone always seems to be having so much fun, because they only post positive things. People mainly post the things that they want to show off to the world on Facebook, like parties and social event.

5. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

This is precisely why I disentangled myself from Facebook two years ago and have never been back. I am perfectly aware that there are many people out there who are truly living; I certainly don't need the constant reminders!

6. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Lorenna, there is something that bothers you, please avoid it, I would recommend staying away from it, it is like poison Ivy if it bothers you and causes you to develop a rash, stay away and out of it Please! You are not doing or Feeling well, when you are ill why follow or aggravate your condition and make it worse! A lot of the people on there are dealing with things the same as you are, they are not being truthful or telling you the whole story! you can stay off line why make yourself feel worse, Take care of yourself and Be good to yourself!

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I feel the same way. I am getting off Facebook and maybe every other site too and keeping to myself.

8. Kamilla

Kamilla Member

I get jealous of people I see too.