you know what?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by yoyo_girl, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyo_girl

yoyo_girl Member

I think maybe I am sorry I asked earlier. I am looking at the views vs replies ratios and man.. something ain't right. Who are all you people who are reading and not responding to any of these messages? 84 views vs 5 replies? 16 views with no reply? WTF?
  2. not me. but who cares?

3. SorryBoutDaMoose

SorryBoutDaMoose New Member

trying to throw some optimism into this, people looking through the topics seeing if they can help, but don't know what to say.
  4. Supreme Loser

Supreme Loser Member

Hi yoyo girl,
    People tend to reply if they have something meaningful to add. In many cases, the problem being presented is not something they have experience with.

Please be Patient,
    Supreme Loser
  5. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

you´re right. some weeks ago a created one too, and no one replied... it seems like it is all about your nick, you know what i mean? since that post, i didnt post anything more, and i wont. i prefer to just read.
  6. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

yoyo_girl, sorry the response to your post has been slow, this sometimes happens, not because people don't want to respond but maybe they don't know how or just don't feel up to it, the number of responses you get is no reflection on you. :hug:
    Sometimes people just like to read posts, it doesn't mean we don't care.

lokicth, the same applies to your post, please don't let this put you off posting, I realize how demoralizing it is when you get no replies but again this is no reflection on you. :hug:
  7. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

thanks, i really didnt expect someone to reply in such a "friendly" way... but it happened and, as you said, it is demoralizing... anyway, maybe i start posting again, but not much thats for sure.
  8. yoyo_girl

yoyo_girl Member

well, it wasn't the lack of replies to my post which startled me... I hadn't had it up that long. What caused me grief was seeing the posts which had been there so long and had such poor ratios... I'm thinking that listing the number of views is a bad idea for this type of forum. It made me feel like people just didn't care.

I do understand when someone isn't able to respond. I looked at a few posts last night and wanted to reply, but I knew that in my frame of mind I could make things worse no matter how well-intentioned I was. I do understand that... but I stand by what I said.

If you aren't going to reply then maybe just browsing the posts is kind of cruel. We can all see how many times people have read about our pain but just don't answer. And if you feel you must do that for some reason (??) then for god's sake... at least post a note to say you hear them, but you can't add anything helpful at that time.
  9. Bette

Bette Guest

How about this? Maybe just even one of those people of the however many browsed and it helped them.

Maybe twenty people browsed and got some kind of knowledge, relief, or a light to the end of their tunnell.

On forums I tend to post when noboy else does. Just like a hello even. These issues are different than say a forum on how a golden retriever won't be house broken. You're dealing with issues even people know about may frighten them.

I understand your point, but you have no idea who is looking and not responding, and was within a few minutes of harming themselves.

Man, if you came where i am from people ignoring you or not answering you sia given. Yoiu get used to it. It';s never personal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.